CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

A little tired....

So I am a little tired and put the pictures first and wrote last....lol. These aren't exciting pictures, but at least I put some up here. I will have more after this weekend, so come back to visit soon...

The packers have arrived!
Ready to go to the Hotel!

It's almost all packed and ready to put on the truck..
More packed stuff. It sure does make you look like you have alot when it's all in boxes.

Back at the hotel playing in the hot tub!
The kids are loving being in a hotel. My kids have to be the best kids ever when it comes to traveling. They love being in a hotel, flying on airplanes, and even living out of a suitcase! I don't like the suitcase part of it...at all.


I am sitting here in a hotel room just exhausted from all the work this week. It has been a busy, non-stop week filled with packing, moving, cleaning, and emotions. It is so hard to explain to people how stressful a move is on a person.


Monday night was our last night in our house. It was kind of sad trying to sleep that night, knowing that things were going to be crazy from that next morning on. I will miss that house so much, but am ready to move on to our new adventure. That is what we have been calling it lately, our new adventure.


Tuesday we moved into a hotel room on base. They were pretty nice living arrangements with two bedrooms, a kitchen, and living room. We weren't there at all during the day due to the movers packing at our house. Once we arrived there and it got darker outside, a bunch of bugs started coming out all over the place inside! It was horrible because if you know Jaelyn at all, you would know she has a huge fear of bugs! Tyler and Jaelyn were crying and couldn't sleep, Chelsea was complaining that they were everywhere, and I was not sure how well I would sleep with the bugs crawling all over the wall. We were going to try and stick it out until the next day, but by 1030 that night I had had enough! I started packing our stuff and we called the desk to get a new room. Unfortunately they didn't have any for us and we then had to move off base to Vacaville. It worked out really well though cause this place has a pool and is closer to all of our friends and our church!


The movers were at our house for three days and they finally packed the last box on the truck on Thursday. It was a long three days as they packed and moved our stuff, but we found things to keep us busy.....like cleaning. Boy was that house a mess! Places you don't think to look and clean on a daily basis were just filled with dust bunnies.


So we are now going to hang out here at this hotel until the 1st. We then hop on a plane and head out to Ohio to visit friends and family and watch my little sister get married. I am now able to focus more on the bridal shower, now that the moving part is over. I am excited to spend time with my family and friends.
I will have plenty of time now to update my blog, so I am sure you will be hearing from me plenty. Oh yeah, did I mention I went back to school in the middle of all of this? Yep, online. It isn't my first choice of how to get my education, but with our situation of going overseas, it is my only option right now. This is what works and fits for ME and for MY family. I am so excited and have been trying to keep up with all of my homework in the middle of all of this chaos. I like to be busy and so far I am doing a good job of it.
I will be posting lots of pictures over the weekend of all the events we have going on! So stay tuned....

3 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

i'll be following you right along the way...cannot WAIT to see pics of your family overseas. :) praying for you brandy!!

xoxo
mel

shannonc said...

Wow! Girl, it brings back memories of last year when it was us doing the same thing! I will keep you in prayer. I know how hard change can be for the kids. Try to make it fun for them and keep some things usual, like bedtime rituals. love, Shannon

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Enjoy the time with your family and your sisters wedding.


I know you have to be tired. Hopefully now you are getting some rest.

Congrats on going back to school. I plan on starting in the fall.


Andrea