CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catching up..

This is our newest member of our house, Loco. He is a kitten we rescued out of a tree on the 4th of July. When we first got here, our neighbor told us about four little kittens a mama cat had up in a tree in our back yard. Well, you know the kids and I were out there right away checking it out and sure enough there they were. It was so high we had to use a tall ladder just to get up to them and then of course they did NOT come willingly. We only got two that night and had to leave the other two up there. Eventually the base caught them and took them to a vet that visits the base here and they were treated and released. The Spanish like to keep the wild cats around the base, so they keep the rat population down here on base. Yes, you heard me right, I said RATS! So here is Loco, he lives up to his name and fits into this family just right. I love having him and he helped me keep my mind off of missing Samson while he was at Grandma's house.

So I am sitting here at my desk (at home) at 5Am and getting ready to start my day, my first day back to work. My desk faces my two back windows out of my dinning room and it is actually thundering and lightening pretty good. If you know me at all, you know I love thunderstorms. In California we didn't ever get thunderstorms at all. I would have to look forward to going home to Ohio to get a good thunderstorm. We have been here since June 17th and this is the first storm and the first "real" rain we have had here. Boy is it pouring down too.


So I decided to put some pictures on here and trying to catch up from the time we got here. I was looking back at some past posts the other day cause I was trying to remember something we did and realized how much I use to enjoy blogging because it's almost like scrapbooking and keeping memories somewhere when you can't find them in your head anymore (not cause I am getting old either).


I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I have enjoyed taking them. We sure have hit the ground running here in Spain and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon either. There is so much History here and so many wonderful little towns and cities to discover and I plan on sharing all of them with you.



This was at the beach in Rota where the kids had a blast! We went with a couple of friends of ours and found out this day that Chelsea was having her tonsils taken out the next day. From left to right is Little Tyler, Jaelyn, Big Tyler, Tripp, and Chelsea.


Chelsea started High School this year as many of you know, so of course I had to take a picture of her on the first day of school. She isn't as excited about the first day of school pictures anymore, like she used to be. My little girl is growing up so fast. I get sad thinking that I only have a few more years left with her and then she will be off to college. Hopefully Ohio State!!!

They just look like they are having so much fun in this picture!

Tyler and Jaelyn's first day of school. Jaelyn was so excited and did so well that day until she realized she had to continue going back each day. The second day of dropping off to school didn't go as well as the first day did. Luckily, I was prepared!


My wonderful and handsome husband making sure to be there for Jaelyn's first day of school. He was at Chelsea's first day of school, but of course that was many moons ago, missed Tyler's first day of school, and made it for Jaelyn's. She was so happy to have him there too!



We finally received Samson via Air Cargo!! We left Samson behind at Grandma's house in June and due to weather had to wait to get him on September 3rd! That was the longest I had been without my dog! I missed him so much and as you can see, so did Steve. He had to endure a long flight and long hours in his kennel, but he finally made it here to Spain. My girlfriend Stephanie and I got up at 2AM to drive up to Madrid, a 5 hour drive there and 5 hours back, just to pick him up. It was a lot of traveling and a lot of money, but it was worth it! He is so happy to be back with his family again. I can't thank Mike and Diane enough for taking such good care of him while he was there. I also have to thank my Aunt Linda for picking him up and running around like a mad-woman for two days trying to get all of his paperwork for the flight in order for me. Thank you so much!











0 comments: