CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A JOB!!!

Ok, so I really thought I would have way more time to get on here and blog....boy was I wrong! I can't explain why I am so busy all the time, but I really am! I am always on the go and really there aren't many places TO go here on the base. I did develop a wonderful relationship with the donut shop in Moron. Oh man, I wish you could taste how divine these donuts really are, there just aren't words to describe them! I had to end that relationship quickly for fear of having to buy another new wardrobe from an expanding waist line. My husband already thinks I gain and lose weight on purpose, just so I have to buy new clothes for each size. So, I ended my donut fascination and moved on to other things. We were spending lots of time at the pool, but once we finally got our stuff- YES, we FINALLY got our things, we were hanging out at the house more often. Mostly because I had more things to do around here with trying to get settled in. Then we were very close to moving again, this time off base, but we chose to wait until the Spring at least. We had actually looked at a 5 bedroom house with a pool and was about to sign on the dotted line, but we talked it over very thoroughly and decided to wait. I freeze ALL THE TIME and the heating is not the same in the houses over here off base like they are on base or in the States. It was fun to look at the house and think about it though. The kids were all ready to move due to having a pool right in our backyard. We'll see how the winter goes here. It doesn't snow, but I hear these houses get cold and I am sure the Spanish tile is not very warm!
The kids started school and they are doing great! Jaelyn has a total of five GIRLS in her class. Poor Mr. F- her teacher. He is great, but boy do I feel sorry for him. She finally had one litte boy start two days ago and two more boys start tomorrow. Yes, that is how small the classes are here, there are only 8 kids in Jaelyn's class and that is Kindergarten and 1st grade! Tyler has the biggest class of course, but is still very very small. Tyler has 11 kids in his class and that is 2nd and 3rd graders put together. I am sure you are getting the idea of how small of a school it is here. I am actually thrilled with the idea because they get alot more one on one with the teachers and more time to do more work. They both love their teachers and enjoy going to school each day. Jaelyn is slowly adjusting and still has trouble leaving me in the mornings. She is getting there though. Chelsea is doing well too and loving High School. Those words still don't roll out of my mouth very well. It's so weird having a High Schooler now and all that it entails. She is doing great and she doesn't even complain about the bus ride to school at all. It could be because she has a boyfriend on the bus....nah...that has NOTHING to do with it at all! She learned the hard way about how things work at a small base, such as this one. I knew before she even got home from school that she had a boyfriend. I love that about this place.
Oh one more last thing, boy this is a long post- but I GOT A JOB!!! I am so excited and I start on Monday. The application process was a long one, but finally I found out the other day I got the job! Today they called me to offer the job (the Dodds school district in Germany) and told me I would start on Monday! So you are wondering what I will be doing for the next two years here at Moron AB? I will be the school secretary at Tyler and Jaelyn's school! It is only part time, which is perfect for me because I can still have a couple of hours to myself to do some homework while the kids are in school. It will keep me busy while we are stationed here for the next two years. The family is just as excited as I am and I am looking forward to working out of the home again and feeling like an adult! It's been too long since I have worked out of the home. Of course, I had to get a new wardrobe for my new job too, so that was just as exciting as actually getting the job!
Off to enjoy my family! If you want to see pictures of Spain, just go to Facebook! We went to Sevilla this past weekend and went to the Cathedral there and to TGIF's!

0 comments: