CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Cooking with my kids and back to school for me...

So tonight was my first night back to school and it was my ECE Creative Arts class and boy is it going to be a fun one! I am so excited about this class and can't wait to go back next week. For my homework, I have to make an "All about me" book. It is going to be fun to make because her rule is that ANYTHING you do in the class, you have to do it with the opposite hand you work with. So for me a right handed person, I have to use my left hand!! AND we have to draw it! This is horrible for me cause I can't even draw with my right hand! You would not believe the concentration it takes to draw with my left hand, it is almost painful! SHe wants us to see what it is like for a child to do art! What a creative idea!
Tomorrow morning is the class that I fear most....SPEECH!!! Yikes!! This is going to be absolute torture for me! I am trying to go in it with a positive attitude, but it isn't working very well. I am PETRIFIED to speak in front of a group of people! It's a good thing I have been doing my Bible study (momtime) on Thursday's, this has given me good practice.
So today the kids and I made a Chef Boyardee pizza together. It was fun to cook with my kids. They were so excited about their creation!! I am trying to do something fun each day with them before they return to school on Thursday.
Chelsea goes for her orientation tomorrow morning for Jr. High. She gets her schedule and gets to tour her school. I am really sad because it is my first day of my speech class so I can't miss. Steve gets to take her this time. It is good cause he missed out on all the "first day of school stuff" last year while he was deployed.
I am excited about this semester. It is going to be overwhelming I can tell already. I have several projects due in this class tonight that I need to get started on right away and that is just for this one class! My goal this semester: Not to procrastinate!!!!

Mr. Chef boyardee himself!! Isn't he handsome? Can you tell that we all had a lazy day today? I don't know how many times he checked the pizza in the 20 minutes that it cooked. Jaelyn and Tyler had a great time cooking together today.

Ok. I can't believe I am posting this pic of me and Tyler because I look horrible, but this is me with no makeup, no hair do, nothing....me on my lazy day!
These two stayed in the kitchen the whole time the pizza was cooking. They had a nice conversation about cooking, the pizza, and how much time was left while the pizza cooked. It was so cute to listen to them chat away together.


Of course you know who was watching every minute the kids were in the kitchen. He's not stupid! He was just waiting for that moment when something would drop on the floor. He is my backup vacum cleaner....HOOVER!

Already the "teenage" attitude starts! Can you see her chin? It is healing up really nicely and looked way worse than this when it happened. Chelsea was busy today hanging out in her room and I guess is too old to help us make a pizza. Look how old she looks...




1 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

I just wanted to tell you that when I was a Senior in High School I took an F because there was just no way I could get up and do my speech in English Class. I would get so sick to my stomach to even think of even getting up to say my name and definitely in giving a whole speech!

BUT......all that changed in 1981 when I gave my heart to the Lord. My life totally changed. I have been in sales for over 20 years now and have given presentations in front of the head of big corporations, banks and businesses, etc. It doesn't bother me one bit! My confidence comes in knowing that they are just people like me. I don't know how to explain it, but I SOOOOO want to encourage you in your speech class. You can do it Brandy! I know you can. I am cheering you on! You can do all things through Christ who gives you the strength. I am going to believe that you will stand right up to give your speech knowing who you are IN HIM! I am going to believe that this class will totally turn your life around in that area. That you are going to reach new heights in that department, because just maybe Brandy, the Lord WANTS to use your ability to get up with confidence and share your testimony or be on a stage someday leading a prayer or being on stage for Premier Jewelry!!! Write out on little index cards scriptures about confidence and say them over and over until you gain victory over that area.
Oh I can't wait to hear how awesome your speech class is!

Your classes sound awesome!!!!!!!! What a new season for everyone. All the while, always growing and stretching ourselves in our faith.

Cheryl