CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

A quick post...

I am sorry about the slack in blogging, but it has been totally and completly crazy around here. Here's a little of what has been going on around here...
Skuttle (our new bird) is doing great and I have actually taught him how to whistle a certain whistle. I didn't think he was getting it at all until three days ago, now he loves to whistle and he sings little birdie songs too. He has a cute personality. If you want an easy pet, a bird is the way to go.
Anyways, back to my crazy life. After we got back from a camping a few weeks ago, we got a call for a foster child....a two year old. It was interesting because when they called they needed an answer right then, well we agreed to take him. They called us back and said that they had another home that would take him too and they would call us if they needed us to take him...well they never called back and the phone hasn't rang from my agency since. At first I was a little bummed about the whole thing, even though I don't need another toddler in our life right now, but now I know that God has a plan for us and it will all work out one way or the other.... I am learning patience.....slowly.
So right now I am focusing on school and if we get a call then we do, but I am not going to sit here and fret about it anymore. I was kind of hoping that by the time I posted again I would be posting about our foster child, but there again, I am wanting it my way...Not the Lord's way...
Yes back to school... we have been shopping for clothes for the kids, getting school supplies, making sure the school has all the paperwork (for Chelsea for middle school..), and buying books for me! School starts for me officially on Monday, but my online class has already started. So I have been online already trying to get a good start on that class. The kids' first day of school is Thursday (not sure of that one) so this week we are getting back into the routine of getting to bed early and up early...YIKES!!!
I have also learned that I get a reaction from something in pain medicine and muscle relaxers. A couple of weeks ago, my shoulder was bothering me really badly so I resorted to a pain pill that my doctor prescribed and ended up deathly sick the next day. The same night I took the pain pill I pulled something in my neck, so the next day I woke up sick from the medicine, shoulder still hurting, and unable to turn my head without being in excruciating pain!! It was horrible! Soooo no more pain medicine for me!
Ok...well that's about it for me the past few weeks! Oh wait...did I mention babysitting everyone's kids in there somewhere? The past few weeks I have been babysitting a one year old three days a week (temporarily and now I am done) and the twins here and there! My house has been full of kids and I wouldn't have it any other way! I cleaned up the garage and made it a play area for all the kids and they have a blast in there!
Here are a few pics of my cutie Jaelyn. She is going to be going to pre-school two days a week while I am in my one daytime class! She is excited to go, but doesn't want to leave mommy! It will be tough the first day.
Oh don't be scared by the picture...yes she has a black eye!! Oh I forgot to tell you about the emergency room visit...oh yes...my lovely little three year old daughter got new flip flops in the midst of school shopping and well she tripped while wearing it once we got home and fell right on the coffee table and split her eye open on her eyebrow!! It was very scary and I thought for sure that she was going to have to have stitches, but luckily they were able to just glue it shut! She was such a trooper and won over all the workers in the ER!! She was telling them what happened and that her eye was "dripping" (that would be the blood!!) and had everyone cracking up laughing at her. I was so proud of her because she didn't cry at all after it initially happened.
We also had an incident with Chelsea running into a tree last Friday, so now I am just waiting for something to happen to Tyler. At least they are getting it all out of the way before school starts!! Chelsea is fine, although she scraped up her face really good. I thought for sure she broke her nose. She was rolllerblading down a hill on a path and couldn't stop and tried stopping herself with the tree. Oh she stopped alright...it was very scary for me too cause I wasn't sure if she gave herself a concusion or what!! Well, we are all healing now and ready for school to start.
I probably won't be posting as much anymore due to my school schedule. It is going to be a crazy semester, so I am not sure how much time I will have to get on here. We will see after the first couple of weeks!! WIsh me luck, I am trying to make it on the Dean's list again this semester!!!
I will keep you posted about our Foster care too! I know that phone call will be coming sometime, but until then I will just pray for that little boy out there!

Here are a couple pictures of my sweet girl. The next day after it happened she woke up with a black eye!!



2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Ooooooh. Oh yes I know the feeling of blood dripping down the forehead OH SO well also! Last Christmas we had all of my husbands family over at our place (11 people total). I was busy cooking Christmas dinner and the guys were supposed to be watching the kids. ;o) Haylee was sitting at the table, I put some plastic chairs around it because I only have four wooden chairs, she was sitting back on the chair rocking it on two legs.

The chair flipped backwards and she rolled backward, smacked her forehead on a door hinge and screamed! I am horrible with blood and especially when it's coming out of MY child. I'm really bad when it comes to accidents. :o( I screamed at Tim to get over here and help me as blood was all in her hair and on her face. Oh my gosh I was so scared. My sister in law (one of them) is a surgeon assistant, so thank goodness she was there and took Haylee (b/c I was hysterical) and got a towel and ice and we had to leave all the fam at the house while we spent 4 hours in ER. Haylee didn't cry once after she cried for that moment that she fell. She also charmed everyone in ER. :o) She had to get 6 stitches on her forehead, right above her left eyebrow, you can still see it in some of her pics. It's healed nicely though.

Jaelyn will prob always have the scar, but at least it's by her eyebrows so not very noticeable. Poor baby! I know that's not fun!!

Wow Chelsea ran into a tree, geez! Poor girl. That IS scary!

I'm going to start praying you all are safe and that YOU find some pain meds that make you feel better, not worse!

Not to write a book on here or anything but I have a question about the fostering. One of my friend's friends does it and she always gets these kids who have problems. I think most kids who are in need of fostering have parents who are into drugs or something (at least it's been her experience). It's an incredible thing to do because I think it takes a BIG heart to do. I don't know if I could handle it. Some of her kids are really rowdy and others are really cranky (like the babies) - - but she mainly gets babies from newborn to six months old. Then they usually get placed. She did actually end up adopting one little boy. :o)
I am just wondering if that is how it'll be for you - also what happens if you guys PCS? Does the foster child go with you? Sorry being nosy! ;o)

Well thanks for posting, I definitely read your blog. I understand all about school and not posting. Get your schooling done first! Have a wonderful weekend and again sorry for commenting a BOOK!

Take care,
Melissa

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,
WHEW! I see why you have not had time to be blogging! WOW! Oh, Jaelyn's boo boo must look worse than it is? It looks soooooo sore! Poor thing, but sounds like it isn't bothering her any! I never had one of those incidents with Mindy, but I know I would have freaked seeing blood!

I know the wait for your boy has to be a faith walk. You have the right attitude about it. Just let go and you know that the Lord knows exactly what boy needs to be in your home and at what "season" of time that will be. I know how your heart will leap when you do get that call and we will be so excited for you when that happens.

Good luck with school Brandy and in making the dean's list. That is a huge accomplishment and especially with raising a family. I know you will do it though because you sound determined and focused. What an example for your kids!

As afar as your health, I am so sorry about the pain meds. Thank you for letting us know this.

Also, even if you get just a minute to post, know that I check you blog and even if you have a minute to post prayer requests at least we can be praying if things come up!

Don't give up blogging. I know I would be sad if you do. It is a way to feel connected and a way you feel you can pray for others.

May this school year bring many new adventures, memories, growth, & blessings!

Cheryl