CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The past week...

What a crazy week or so!! I have had my MRI, got the results, got sick, went camping, kids got sick, cleaned my house...and on and on!!
My results to my MRI came back that I have arthritis...WHAT...I am not old enough to have arthritis, but I do. Also something is wrong with my rotator cup and I need steroid shots for now, but NO WAY!!! I am not doing it. I will drug up on Motrin for the rest of my life and be in pain...no shots!!
So, this past weekend we went camping at Lake Francis and had a blast. We went with our small group from Church and had a blast. We all rented different types of boats and had a good time on the lake. Me and Melissa decided to be crazy mommies and we paddled our way over to this island in the middle of the lake and swung (is that proper grammer) from a tree rope into the lake!! It was a blast. I loved it. It was a 100 degrees up there and it felt good jumping into the lake. After that I thought I was going to go out and swim with my husband, but I KNOW I felt a fish touch my leg and could no longer swim anymore not knowing what was in there with me!!! So I floated around on a raft after that with Tyler and Jaelyn! We had a great time and plan on doing another camping trip again as a group, but maybe more north in the mountains next time.
So, I am patiently waiting on hearing something about a placement. The Lord is truly working on me with my patience. It is not one of my qualities I am sorry to say. I am the type of person that gets an idea in my head and I want it to happen right then. So after getting certified last week and NOT getting a call the next day I started to get in the dumps thinking I wasn't going to ever get a call, but I have been doing my daily devotions and reading my Bible and seeing that I need to let the Lord work and I should sit back and learn to be patient and pray about things. Yes, I have been praying for that little boy that will come into our home one day, but am working on the timing. It may not happen today, tomorrow, or even next year, but I know that when it does, it will be in the LORD'S time......and it will be right.
So here are tons of pictures. Some recent and some not so recent. I had to throw this first picture in here of me and Steve cause I keep coming across it on my computer and think it's cute. Also, I am hoping to take a trip this weekend or next (to take my mind off of a placement...ha ha) to Stinson beach with the family and Samson. Samson had the best time while we were camping. It was a blast to see him swim and enjoy being around other doggy friends. He slept in the tent with us each night at the foot of our air mattress and loved it. He is such a good dog and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world!!
Enjoy the pics and I will keep everyone posted when I find anything out about a placement. Thanks for all your prayers and sweet comments!!

I love this picture of me and my husband! It was taken in Ohio at Kris and Mindy's house and I just love it!! Sadly, last week I decided to dye my hair really dark and totally regret it now, but I can change it later in a month or so.
After our HOT camping trip this weekend, I am ready to take a trip to the Ocean this weekend. I just have to talk my husband into going too! I love this beach, this is Stinson Beach in San Fran and is gorgeous. It is only about an hour or so away, but takes a while to drive due to the WINDY roads....and I mean WINDY roads!! All of my kids have got car sick on this trip


Okay, not a word Mindy!!! We got a new addition to our family today....a bird! I wanted to get a bird while Steve was in Iraq last year, but was afraid that he would get mad. He actually agreed to it though! They aren't hard to take care of at all! He is a cutie and sure loves to sit on Chelsea's head. I have finally agreed that we are a one dog family and enjoy Samson tremendously, so I have moved on to birds....just kidding! I am only getting one bird and so far it's not so bad!

This is Jaelyn getting her hair done last week. You can see on the sides how badly she butchered it! The length in the back is after she had already cute some off, it was down past the middle of her back!

Getting her hair blow dried at the Salon!
The final product! It is such a cute haircut, but too grown up for my little toddler!!
My husband working on the putting the grill together. We sure did eat good this weekend!! We had Spag one night, then we had Tri-tip and cabobs the next night! It was soooo yummy and it was very simple because everyone pitched in and did their share!!

The guys swimming with their dogs! It was a comical sight to see. I am not sure who had more fun, the guys or the dogs!
A picture of our campsite. We actually had four in a row, but they weren't directly next to each other. Right behind our tent was a cliff (steep hill) with trails.
Here are the three dogs that went with us camping. In the lead is Goliath, in second is Boomer (Samson's hunting buddy), and of course in last place is Samson. He was exhausted by this point and wasn't trying very hard anymore. Labs don't have much stamina, but we are going to work on that before hunting season this year!!!
I love this picture of Chelsea! She looks so funny in mid air!! The kids really had a great time this weekend.
Jaelyn hanging out on the shore!! I don't blame her one bit!
Chelsea swam her little heart out this weekend and had a great time!!
Steve getting Jaelyn use to the water. She is actually happy to be in the water!! She had a good time swimming with her daddy the whole day, too bad her mommy doesn't like swimming in lakes cause she's afraid of the fish that might touch her!!!
Jaelyn swimming all on her own!! I was so shocked she did this! She did it the first day we were there and then wouldn't do it the second day at all. She screamed and cried, so we just let her play up on the shore.
Tyler swimming and having a blast. Tyler did so great in the water this weekend. He wasn't afraid at all! I was so proud of him. He could have swam without the life jacket, but his mommy is a big chicken around lakes and wouldn't let him take it off!!!
Steve bringing the boat to us all by himself. Steve took off in the van to go get us a boat and didn't think about getting it to us by himself, but he did it! What a strong man I have!!!
Steve and the kids puddling along!! They had a great time in this boat, but let me telll you...it works out the legs!!!
Me, Jaelyn, and Tyler floating around on a raft..with Samson by our side!!
Packing up and going home....





















3 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

for some reason i thought i replied to this! :o)

i love all of your pictures, you guys travel a lot and do a lot of COOL looking things! i love our doggy too, he's adorable!

we are going to get a golden retriever for christmas (our present to each other). i cannot WAIT, we're going to get a boy so the sexes balance out in our family (per my husband, you can tell he's thought this out thoroughly, LOL!). haylee is naming him "troy" after the guy in the movie High School Musical (which she LOVES!). funny huh?!

God is going to bless you SO SO much brandy for opening up your heart to a little boy. just wait and see. i just know He's working up something good. i can't wait to see what it is!!!

take care and i can't wait to see more pics. i hope you are feeling better too.

hugs,
melissa :o)

Melissa De Mers said...

where on EARTH have you been? :o) thanks for your comment on my blog and i'm so sorry for ruining the ending of SYTYCD! Yikes....oops.

where's pics of the kiddos? have you heard anything new on the fostering? if not, it's OK you know...God is in control. i'm excited for you when that day comes though!!!!

big hugs - melissa :o)

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,
Where are you???????? I keep checking and checking to see if there is any news! Do they let you know weekly updates or anything or it can just happen any day? Tell us a little more about how that works. Just know I am praying for you and know this must be so hard. Things like this stretch our faith and make us lean more on Him, but I know you already know because you have been through so much, and that it makes you so much stronger and you realize so much through it.

I sure hope you are feeling ok and that is why you are not posting? I agree with you! I would not want to take steriods either!

I really love Jaeylns haircut! I think it is so sweet.

I am sure you must be getting all of the kids ready for school to start too and have been busy with that.

Hope you post soon with pictures!

Thinking of you,
Cheryl