CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 8, 2007

STUCK!!!

That is us....STUCK! We tried to fly out of Scott AFB, IL on Saturday morning and it didn't happen due to an Air Show! We left Mansfield about 10:00pm Friday night and arrived at Scott AFB around 5:30 AM! I was only going on 1 1/2 hours of sleep and NOT a happy camper when we found out that we were not flying HOME that day! We spent about 8 hours at the Terminal trying to find a car rental, find a hotel, then find a way to get the car rental, then fight traffic back onto the base (due to the airshow it was HORRIBLE) then FINALLY get to our hotel. Steve and I took about an hour nap, we didn't even take the luggage out of the car. We turned on the tv for the kids and went straight to sleep! It was a VERY ROUGH day! We woke up refreshed this morning and decided to take advantage of our little lay-over here. We are only about 20 minutes from St. Louis, so we took off to see the big Arch there on the Riverfront. It was a cool sight. They had a beautiful park right by it, so we walked around for a while. It was very hot and humid, so we didn't stay long at all. We drove a little further into St. Louis and found this cool place called The Magic House!! Oh my...this was the most fascinating place I have ever been to! It is a kids museum and learning place and the kids had a blast!! It was four stories of nothing but exploring!They had a room for everything in there, a bank, a grocery store, a toddler exploration area, a FOUR story slide, a Lewis and Clark exploration floor, a Math zone, and so on! In each area the kids could touch, play and do whatever they wanted in it. Like in the bank, they could make a deposit, play with safe's (figuring out how to open them by a code) and so on. It was all hands on and the kids loved it! We stayed there for about three hours and then were hungry and had to get out of there! We decided to have SONIC for lunch and enjoyed the great food from there. The sad thing is that we have these in California, but haven't made it to one yet. After eating one today...I am going more often now!!
So for the bad news, I don't have a lot of pictures from today. In fact, I only have three and one didn't turn out! My battery is dead on my camera and in the midst of packing in Mansfield I picked up my mother n laws camera charger that looks just like ours and was sitting in the same place. So I won't have any pictures to post for a while.
We are suppose to be at the Terminal tomorrow morning at 9:30 and our flight should leave shortly after that. I am hoping that I can post from home tomorrow night!! Please pray that we get on our flight tomorrow morning!! I am ready to be home! I have actually enjoyed our little min-vacation here, but am anxious to see my puppy Samson!! I miss him so much! It is hard to believe that I love my dog that much! He is a part of our family and I hate every minute that we are without him. .....
Ok! See you tomorrow....hopefully from California!!

The kids at the Park right next to the Arch! It was a beautiful but HOT day today!
St.Louis Arch! What a beautiful sight. I couldn't get it all in the picture up close to it!



4 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

I am so sorry for your delay! I just couldn't believe it when I asked Mindy about your guys and she said you got delayed. I know that as hard as this was, there had to have been a reason for it. God knows all things and delays are from him as hard as they are. You guys are real troopers AND your kids!!!!!
Sure sounds like you made the best of it though!!
Barry actually graduated from his technical school in mechanics in St. Louis! He has tons of pictures of the arches and loved it there. That was over 30 yrs. ago! LOL!
I know tomorrow you will be sooooo happy to walk in your home!
There is just no place like home and I know when you are away you miss it so much.
It was nice seeing you Brandy.

Cheryl Jones said...

Cheryl Jones said...
I am so sorry for your delay! I just couldn't believe it when I asked Mindy about your guys and she said you got delayed. I know that as hard as this was, there had to have been a reason for it. God knows all things and delays are from him as hard as they are. You guys are real troopers AND your kids!!!!!
Sure sounds like you made the best of it though!!
Barry actually graduated from his technical school in mechanics in St. Louis! He has tons of pictures of the arches and loved it there. That was over 30 yrs. ago! LOL!
I know tomorrow you will be sooooo happy to walk in your home!
There is just no place like home and I know when you are away you miss it so much.
It was nice seeing you Brandy.

July 8, 2007 8:03 PM

Mindy said...

Well at least you are making the most of your delay. I know it was NOT at all what you wanted though. I am praying that tomorrow you are well on your way back to Cali and tomorrow we hear from you AT HOME. Love you guys!
Hugs

Melissa De Mers said...

Hi Brandy...

Sorry you didn't get home yet. I was born in St Charles (pretty much St Louis) and lived there most of my childhood life. :)

I love the Arch & the park nearby it. Also that Magic place you went to - we used to go every summer!!!!! It was so cool to hear you talk about it. ;) I hope the kids had fun.

We don't have Sonic here - but I know what it is, that is where my very first job was...I was a car hop. LOL. :)

Have a safe flight home!
Take care,
Melissa