CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Coming home early!

Yesterday we got a call from Chelsea's camp counselor and she said their is an opportunity for Chelsea (and the other girls) to stay at camp six more days. At first I was worried because she wouldn't get back until the 9th and Steve leaves a few days after that, but Steve said that she would have more fun up there than here with us...so I let her stay. Well then we got a call tonight and they are all coming home tomorrow..... EARLY! There are a bunch of fires up there right now and the air quality is really poor and making it really difficult for them to do any of their activities. This makes me sad because according to Chelsea's counselor, she is having a BLAST!
So tomorrow we will make the early trip down to Richmond, to pick up our teenager. We have missed Chelsea so much around here. I don't always give her enough credit for all she does for me. She can be such a big help with Jaelyn and Tyler (especially now that she is babysitting age) and she also enjoys helping me out around the house too.

Chelsea took it the hardest when we got news that G was leaving. She got the closest to him and they kind of related to each other in a unique way. I feel bad for Chelsea that she had to lose a good friend and brother, but I know she is slowly getting over the loss. I was hoping that camp would help her to see that life goes on and that G is doing his best to enjoy his new home because he has too.
G is doing great in his new home. He is now with two other boys close to his age and he loves it. Each weekend they go to his foster moms sister's place and work. He earns money each time he works there. I think that is the best thing for him. It is good for him to learn to work at his age. Sadly it won't be long and he will be emancipated and living on his own.

My preschool is coming along nice. I actually am thrilled to say that I got a GREAT deal at a garage sale yesterday morning! It is a provider that does care off base for many, many years now and she was downsizing her stuff. I got a water/sand table, kitchen set. table and chairs (kid size) grocery cart, and a bunch of puzzles for only $15.00! It is in great shape too! It makes a huge difference in my dramatic play area and my outside. I am so excited to open, but still have over a month to wait. I will be doing drop-in care and temporary full-time care if needed, so that should help tie me over. My package goes in front of the board the 3rd Tuesday of July, so it won't be long!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. Things are obviously busy around here. The smoke has slowed us down some, but not much. This week is Steve's last week at work (he is only working 1/2 days) so we are going to try and find as much fun stuff as we can to do before he leaves.

0 comments: