CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can you feel that?

There is a cool breeze blowing and the temperature has dropped enough to wear a jacket...could it be...Fall? I sure hope so! I LOVE Fall and I love wearing jackets, sweaters, jeans, and boots...maybe not all at once, but you know what I mean! I love the leaves changing colors and covering the ground with all their different colors. I love seeing Fall decorations on everyones porches or lawn! I LOVE FALL! I highly doubt it is here yet for us, it is still early and I am sure there will be a few more days of 100 degrees or higher for us, but today felt like a true Fall day and it just made me so excited. I can't wait to start baking Pumpkin Pie, my favorite and burning all of my Fall candles soon. Speaking of baking, I have decided to hold a Bake Sale to raise money for our Children's Church. We need money to buy our curriculum and what a better way to do it. I just really hope that it works out and we raise LOTS of money. If anyone wants to give me a great recipe that you know will go over well...PLEASE share!
So you might find it funny that my son is in his PJ's in the following pictures. Don't worry, I have not lost my mind since Steve's been gone! Today was Tyler's PJ party at school. His class has done really well and got many compliments on their good behavior, when they do this they get a part of a train. When the train is complete they get a PJ party. There are ten parts to the train in all and they have already managed to get them all since school started! Way to go Tyler's class! Tyler has grown so quickly that he doesn't really have any matching pj's anymore that fit him, so mommy and Jaelyn went out yesterday to buy Tyler some PJ's as a surprise. He was so happy and excited, you would have thought it was Christmas! He is so easy to please and so easy going and I just love that about him! This morning was so easy to get him out of bed because he was so excited about his day. He was walking down the hallway and said "Mommy, I just love growing up, it is so much fun." My heart melted, but it made me sad all at the same time! I don't want my son to grow up!
So things have been going well while Steve is gone. Jaelyn doesn't understand where Daddy is and Tyler has had a little bit of a hard time too. I am sure it is because the last time he left it was for six months. They will be happy to see him on Saturday.
School is good. Speech is going well, I got an "A" on my MAJOR speech on Tuesday. I was pretty excited. The rest of my classes are going well too and I am enjoying all of them!
Here are some pictures. Don't mind Jaelyn, she had just woke up!

This look tells me that today is going to be a "not so good day!" Jaelyn had a rough night last night and woke up really grouchy! Good thing she didn't have school this morning cause it would have been a tough one!


Isn't my little man so handsome? He is getting so tall and looking so grown up.I just love his smile and personality! He is such a love-bug and I wouldn't want it any other way...





4 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

I feel GREAT other than wishing this would heal up. Not looking forward to what's ahead with chemo and then radiation, but the Lord has shown me in so many ways that He is with me on this journey. So many blessings have already come out of this. He truly works all things together for the GOOD! (Thank you isn't enough to say regarding the prayers for me!)

Ok......as far as the bake sale! YUMMY PUMPKIN Bars with cream cheese icing and nuts!!! Oh, man, I love them! I go to Wayne's Country Market to get them all of the time! (Year round, but especially now) Good luck with your bake sale....wish I could stop by! LOL!

What a neat, neat idea about the awesome idea on the train thing and being rewarded with a PJ party! LOVE that whole concept and you can tell the kids do too! Don't you love teachers like that! So happy Tyler has one like that.

I have been wondering how Chelsea likes her Jr. High teachers and the whole Jr. high thing? And volleyball tryouts are when again??

The first picture of Jaelyn I was like, oh no and then the second one, I was really like awwww....poor thing, and then was happy to see the 3rd picture of her smiling. Hope her day got better :)

As far as Tyler....wow....he looks SOOOOO tall in those pictures! Is he tall for his age? I have to say again Brandy, that surgery was just the best thing, wasn't it. Amazing! What an exceptional job the surgeon did and it really wasn't that hard on him to recuperate from it was it? YES, he is very handsome and his haircut is really nice and it was so sweet the way you talked about your little man. So sweet. I never had a son and since Mindy has had Alec, it has made me realize so much what we missed out on. Boys are just so different and I love Alec soooooo much and his "adventures and imagination" that he has.

I am so glad you posted tonight. I really hope you do keep it up. When I get down, It is so nice to come here and to blogs and they make me smile. Children do that to ya! What a gift they are!

OH....AND a CONGRATULATIONS on the A!!!!! I knew you would get that! Your confidence has to be so much higher by having to go through this class. So happy that you got an A. Great job Brandy.

Cheryl

Melissa De Mers said...

Oh my gosh, how I am SO behind on your blog? I guess it's because a few weeks ago you didn't post anything for awhile, I figured you were busy. I get on tonight and I've missed three whole posts! :o) And your posts are LONG!

The pics are CUTE! I can relate to the fire pics, seems like something's always on FIRE out here too! There was thick smoke (not as bad as your pics though) out here today too. So bad, it looked like SMOG (and we don't get smog where I'm at).

Anyway...the kids are ANGELIC as always. :o)

You take care and praying for you while Steve is away at training. And praying for the kids, it's always the toughest on them, I remember my friend's kids back in the air force (before I had Haylee), it is rough. HUGS to you guys!

Love,
Mel

Anonymous said...

hi bran!!! will comment more later
Elissa

Mindy said...

Awww....love that first picture with "the look" from Jaelyn. LOL. AS for fall...it is by far my favorite season and I am loving this week because of it. I LOVE FALL and everything that goes with it. I, too, need to get all of my fall "stuff" and such. Can't wait. Maybe tomorrow since Kris works until almost midnight. As for the PJ party...how COOL is that. Alec would have been all into that that's for sure. As for a Bake Sale...my favorite is Key Lime pie. Inexpensive ,most everyone loves it, and very quick and easy to make. Yummy. Haven't had one in awhile..makes me think of my grandma...sigh. TTYL
Mindy