CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Where's the Fire?

That was the question of the day today....where is they fire? I sat down at my computer desk this morning to start on some school work and looked outside to see what I thought were clouds. I thought to myself, "rain, no way." So I walked out on my back patio, and I knew immediatly it wasn't rain, something was on fire. It was so thick and you could smell it burning, that I thought for sure it was right outside the back gate of the base. So, I loaded up Jaelyn and Chelsea (she goes to school late on Wed's) and we went on a hunt for the fire, but with no luck. So I just took some pictures of the smoke. It was like this all day today and put a horrible taste in your mouth. I came home and went online to find out that there is a huge fire up in Susanville and with the wind, it is blowing it down here in the Valley. I couldn't believe how bad the smoke was here since we are a good distance from Susanville. It seems like California is burning up right now. You can see how BROWN everything is in my pictures. It is sooooo dry here. I am praying for rain soon. It probably won't come until November, but I am praying for a VERY wet winter this year. We had such a mild winter last year that it didn't even make things really green like it usually does.
Well, I should be getting to bed. I have school in the morning (Speech) and I need my rest. On Tuesday she surprised us with our impromptu speeches we had to do. That is where she gives us a topic and we have five minutes to prepare information and then we have to give the Speech. It was kind of terrifying, but fun. I enjoyed my topics and actually got an A on both! Yeah! My big speech is on Tuesday and I am excited to get it over with. I am the 5th person to give my speech, so once I am done I get to sit back and watch everyone else....stress free!!! I am doing an informative speech on "The Good and Bad of Caffeine." It will be interesting.
I hope you enjoy the pics, more to come soon.
Goodnight!
I know you can't tell from these pictures very well, but the smoke was BAD today.

Chelsea with her best friend Hunter. (Don't mind Chelsea's outfit, she was going to bed) Hunter came over the night before they left to say goodbye and I am glad that Steve took a picture. (I was at school) Hunter lived in the house connected to us, but her and Chelsea were best friends before they moved in next door. Hunter and her family moved to Ohio...sniff sniff.

This our Pastor praying for our Children and their new school year. This was promotion Sunday a couple of Sunday's ago. Chelsea promoted to the Youth Group and Tyler promoted to the 1st Grade class!! YEAH!
Chelsea taking a picture of Tyle and Jaelyn at Church a couple of Sunday's ago. Aren't they so cute?




3 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

That is just crazy about the fires! Keep us posted OK!!! Was it better today? Breathing that must have been yuck, huh! Did it burn your eyes, was it that bad? You could tell from the pictures how smokey it was. I love seeing pictures of CA. Not knowing at all what CA looks like, it sure looks to me like things look very, very dry there!

So sorry about Chelsea's friend moving away. That is so hard at that age to loose your friend. Mindy lost a very good friend that moved away like that and it was so hard. You just share so much together and you understand eachother and it is just hard to find good friends! I hope this will be just a wonderful year for Chelsea and since we know she WILL make the volleyball team she will make alot of great friends that way! And Steve helping her is so sweet! What a daddy.

Meant to say about Jaelyn and not wanting to leave you for school, is so like Alec is! He loves to play with kids but is just so shy to be on his own without Mindy there with him. I don't think I have seen him since his birthday party and I miss him SOOOOOO SOOOOOO bad! Mikayla is growing so fast too and is getting such a personality and I just feel I am missing it all:(
Wanted to tell you too that so many have commented on my faith-hope-love bracelet! I LOVE IT!
Are you still selling the jewelry?
Well, we will sure just keep praying about Steve and for the Lord's will. You always just seem to have a "gut instinct" or feeling that the Lord gives you to prepare for things and to give you peace. What are you feeling?
Keep updating, ok! Love to see the pictures. I know how busy you are though, so just check in every now and then. I still check on you!
Cheryl

Mindy said...

Oh gee Brandy where on earth do I even start!? Rather then write a book on here I should just call you and make life easier. LOL. BUT...I do want to say that the fires are making national news and it was on OUT news tonight and I just can't believe how "dead" everything looks there. Very scary really. I was in FLorida once when there was a HUGE outbreak of fires and it was terrible. You could taste it. It was sickening and the smoke was so bad they shut down most the highways. It felt like there were inferno's all around us and it made me clausterphobic (sp).

As for the kids...HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THEY ALL! I just miss you guys so much and wish so badly that you lived closer to here. It was so nice seeing you guys this summer and our kids hanging out like they did.

Miss you....I think I will try to call you right now!

Rosella said...

OK, how bout' hearing from all of us! Hey woman. Thanks for sharing pic's. Jaelyn & Tyler are so cute and of course Ms. Jr High. So happy for you going to school. I'd like to working here at the University, but usually so tired I just wanna go home. Brittany started her Freshman year here and is getting 12 hours. She's loving every minute of it. Gotta run. Thanks for posting