CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'll just sit for five minutes....

is what I keep saying to myself in the midst of doing my homework! Needless to say, I get side-tracked doing dishes, straightening the house, or feeding animals.
Sorry but no pics today. I just thought I would jump on here real quick to post how things are going. Everyone is adjusting to school very well except Jaelyn. She is NOT liking leaving me at all. I knew it would be hard for her.....but not this hard. It makes it harder on me leaving her when she is not happy. I have been trying to prepare her the night before, but it isn't working very well. I am just going to have to stick with it. It makes it harder because she only goes two days a week, so she isn't on a schedule yet on what days she goes and what days she doesn't go. It is confusing for her. When Tyler started pre-school, I started him at five days a week because I knew he needed that consistency. It worked very well, but I also could afford it then. Now is a different story....ha ha. So hopefully Jaelyn will start adjusting soon. Today seemed to be a better day once she was there, even though she fought me the whole way there!
The other two are adjusting well too. Chelsea is trying out for the volleyball team, which I am thrilled about! I just hope that she makes the team. I have decided to put Tyler in basketball when it starts. I worry about Tyler playing sports due to his asthma, but I think he will be ok. I will just be sure to keep his inhaler with me.
School is good for me too. Lots of projects due in all my classes and my Speech class is going way better than I thought. I don't mind speaking in front of people, it's just that I worry about my content and presentation being right. It feels like this week I am getting into more of a routine and I don't feel as overwhelmed as the first two weeks. I thought for sure I had got in way over my head! Luckily I think it will all work out. Tomorrow I meet with a counselor to see what I have left to take next semester to graduate. I have my classes picked, I just want to double check. I have also been checking into what University I want to transfer to next Fall. Yes, next Fall I will be starting my BA and I think it will be in teaching. Just not sure of that yet. I DO know that I will probably only teach K-2 grade. Nothing is for sure yet though. I really enjoy Early Childhood, so who knows!
Steve is leaving on Saturday, poor guy has to go to Florida for training. Training that he has to go to before he deploys again in March or April. I am hoping that he doesn't get deployed because that means he misses me graduating!! My number one fan will miss my graduation and that will just break my heart, but that is how it goes in the military!
Well, that is our update. I wish I could say that we lead a more interesting life, but not at this moment! We went to Dillon's Beach last weekend and had the BEST TIME EVER!! I will share pictures soon!

2 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

Just catching up on everyone. I have been out of the loop for awhile. Feeling great today though! Thank you for your prayers.

Ok....... So much to say that I didn't know about when I just read your post!!!!!!!!
Tyler- Inhaler?????? Does he have asthma or is it something else? I hope it works out for him to do basketball! Does he like sports? Soccer? I am sure being and Ousley that he likes baseball the best! LOL!

Chelsea- Oh Brandy! I hope she makes the team too! Mindy knows this is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to jr. high sports! I feel that they all should make the team! I truly do! I remember one of Mindy's friends back in junior high who tried out for 3 different things at the start of jr. high and didn't make any of them and she turned to, let's say other things. If she would have been able to get involved and feel apart of a team it would have really changed this girls life! I just think at jr. high age with all of the peer pressure when a student steps out and tries to do something positive like a sport, let them make the team and build up their self esteem. I know it can't be that way at high school, but jr. high years are just such a hard time for kids.
I am sure she will make the team though! I wish her the very best and give her SOOOOOO much credit for going for it!!!

Steve- I did NOT KNOW that he is being deployed again Brandy. Big, big, big hugs. I respect you so much for your strong faith and attitude. Is it a for sure thing or he just has to go through the training just in case?

One more semester to graduate!!! WOW! That is AWESOME!!!!! How exciting! So so proud of you! What an accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!

As for your speech class, you said that you worried about your content and presentation. I would to! Do they give yout he topic and then you have time to study it or you just have to do it right then. Well, good luck and I know you will be proud of yourself to get through speech and knowing you did it and I am sure you will end up with a great grade in there!

As far as you saying you don't have a too interesting life???????? You sure have alot more of one than me! LOL! 3 kids, going to school, a husband in the military, involved in your church, having your own business with your jewelry, sounds like a pretty full and interesting life!

Can't wait to see pics. I will keep checking back. Ok....going to click send....I think it won't probably send all of this long comment! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote a book. Sorry....
Love you guys

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Cheryl!
I have missed your comments on here. I am glad that you are feeling better and have been praying for you! Glad to see you back on here.
So to answer some questions, yes Tyler has asthma. They diagnosed him this last Spring. It is something he could still grow out of, but doubtful. It isn't extreme asthma, but he still has some breathing issues. If I don't give him his medicine daily, he gets a horrible cough and has a hard time breathing.
I agree with you about trying out. It seemed crazy to me when she said it. I was thinking, "try out? You don't even know how to play the Sport yet?" I didn't say anything to her though. We went out and bought a volleyball and Steve has been practicing with her in the evenings while I am at school.
Steve is most likely going to get deployed, but nothing is for sure yet. Yes, they have to go to this training regardless if they get deployed or not. He will go into the "bucket" (is what they call it) in March and he is depolyable for those for months. (He will be in the bucket for four months)I am ok with it, except I have to plan my Spring schedule as if he will be deploying, so if he does get deployed I don't have to drop any classes.
I know I put on here one more semester for school, but I just met with my counselor today and it looks like I need ONE more class than I thought. I will still graduate in the Spring, but will have to take a class in the summer.....ARGH!! I was not happy wiht this information. AND it's a PE class, so I am going to support Chelsea and take Volleyball!!! I thought that would be fun.
I hope that answered your questions! Like I said, I sure have missed you on here. Glad you are back!!
Love,
Brandy