CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Taking a Break...

that is what I am doing. Steve left Friday in the middle of the night. It had been a busy day on Friday. I had Jaelyn's twin friends over and then a friend of mine asked me to watch her kids on Friday. Her grandma was diagnosed with Cancer a month or so ago and she was getting worse, so I took the kids so she could go spend some quality time with her Grandma. The kids had a blast! And I loved having a houseful again! We played outside on the trampoline, played on the swings, and even got Bun-bun out to play with for a while. We also did some painting to pass the time until Chelsea and Tyler got home. It was a great and busy day. Steve spent most of the day running around getting ready for his trip, so I didn't see much of him that day. Steve made it to Florida safe and sound. He said it has rained there some and the bugs are horrible! Poor guy. He is sleeping in a tent and on a cot for a week. I am sure he will be happy to get home!!
Today has been a stressful day for me. Tomorrow is a BIG speech for me and I am stressing about it. The funny thing is, that I stress internally. So I now have an upset stomach and a canker sore too. If anyone has had canker sores....THEY HURT SO BADLY!! I usually get them when I stress. So I took a break from my practicing my speech to do some cleaning. I wonder how in the world my house gets so messy SOOOO quickly. I have got the kids involved in helping clean by giving them certain chores to do around the house, but it still seems to get out of control some days.
I have been working on my procrastination problem this semester. I am HORRIBLE at procrastinating and it does nothing but stress me out or makes me rush through things that I need to take my time on. So far I have been doing really good this semester with my school work. I have been getting things done on time and staying ahead of schedule. Now I just need to work on this in my housework!
Here are a few pictures of the past few days. It was a busy weekend. The little boy I watched on Friday woke up sick Saturday morning (they stayed the night) and I worried all weekend that my kids would get sick. So far so good! No one has had any problems.
Enjoy the pics. They are all out of order.
Left to right: Hannah, Elizabeth, Tess, and Jaelyn. Aren't they cute taking a little break from playing?
Jaelyn pushing Hannah on the swing. They love this swing even though it's for younger kids.

Elizabeth entertaining Bun-bun with a carrot.
Jaelyn working hard on her painting.
Tess concentrating on her painting too....
A couple of pics I took last week. It was picture day for Chelsea, so we curled her hair.




2 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

So how did you do on your speech! I am sure you did great. I love your updates on here. That picture of Chelsea is beautiful!!! I love that sephia (Sp?) color!!! And Tyler is sure growing up too! Love seeing the pictures of the kids Brandy! I hope you keep up your blog!
Love you & please pray for me Brandy. My incision is not healing well and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. I go back to the doctor tomorrow (Thursday)but there is some blood coming out of the stitches. It doesn't look good and they can't start chemo until it is healed good. So your prayers are appreciated.

Cheryl

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey Cheryl! You are ALWAYS in my prayers, since this whole thing started. Sorry to hear about your incision not healing well. I am sure it is painful too. I will be praying for you. How are you feeling besides that though?
I got an "A" on my speech!! I was so excited. I thought I was going to throw up right before I got up there, but ended up doing pretty good.
Thanks for the sweet comments about the kids. They are growing up too fast and it makes me sad. I plan on putting more pics on here tonight. Tyler had a fun day today!
Many hugs and prayers your way....
Brandy