CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

"Smelly house, smelly house, when will you smell better????"

Friends anyone....smelly cat? Yes, I am a complete Friend's fan! Steve and I started watching the show back in England and haven't stopped yet. Yes, we still watch the re-runs too. I can't believe they ever ended that show. Anyway.....

We are alive and well here! The fire didn't make it to our house, but it was pretty darn close. I am so thankful that we were protected by our fabulous firefighters. I didn't get much sleep on Saturday, due to all the noise outside my bedroom window. All night long, I heard sirens and helicopters flying around. It was pretty hectic, along with Mr. Loudspeaker too. The fire burned down 125 houses. Praise the Lord, they were vacant and due for demolition sometime soon. It just amazes me how quickly a fire can get out of control and so easily here. The fire probably started due to someone throwing a cigarette out the window. The dry conditions around here just make it so easy for something so small to start a HUGE fire. The fire was so close, I could see flames from my bedroom window. My house smells horrible too, did I mention that? It smells like stinky smoke and I am not sure how I can get that smell out. The smell also lingers outside too, so opening the windows and doors isn't an option right now.

Today was a great day with my kids! We packed backpacks and got all their supplies sorted and ready for school. Some supplies stay at home and some go to school. I don't know what it is with my kids, but they always always lose our pencil sharpeners! Every night last year, I was asked where the pencil sharpener was located. This year I stocked up on those bad boys! I have a reserve supply for when the sharpener does it's disappearing act.

Today is also Tootsie's birthday! Happy birthday Tootsie! She is one year old today. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I just wish she acted her age, it's almost like she is stuck in puppy mode. I just don't understand it.

This day has been full of alot of "why"questions from myself. Something like this:

*Why can't my children learn to turn off the lights in the house?
*Why can't Tootsie stop using the restroom in her kennel?
* Why is my face breaking out like I am a teenager again???
* Why do I try so hard to keep our house nice and clean, just to fail?
* Why is my 13 year old daughter growing up so fast?
* Why can't I find time to sit and read like I want?
* Why do I stay up so late knowing I will be tired in the morning?

So you get my drift. This is my verbiage in my head all day long....WHY? It keeps me thinking and on my toes. I guess when you are limited with your adult conversation, you turn to the next best thing....yourself!

I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Ours has pretty much ended this week. I can't wait for Fall. It is my most favorite time of year. Today was a pretty cool day around here and it seems to be getting darker sooner....hooray!

5 comments:

Christian said...

OH MY! That is one of those times you wish hubby was home to tell everyone exactly what to do, and keep everyone calm, but since he isn't, you have to just buck it up and do it all by yourself. You sound like you did a terrific job, so brave. As for the lack of adult conversation, I can totally sympathize there too, email me anytime!

Tracy said...

I am so glad your house was spared. That had to be scary...

Anonymous said...

I love friends too! Don't tell... but Ross was dreamy to me. hee hee

If it helps, I am forever asking "why" to alot of things. Gotta work on getting answers now.

Glad all is well.

Melissa said...

I don't mind at all! I am glad to hear that your house was okay! I to find myself ALL the time saying why,why?WHY? Actually alot of the same whys! Why do they grow so fast! why do I have acne now! why did God bring me to this place. Why,why,why! but I always know that God knows why, even when I don't!

Melissa De Mers said...

hi brandy! thinking of you and glad the fires didn't get ya. remember last year it was happening here too. that smell eventually DOES go away! but boy it sure it smelly huh?

take care and i'm thinking of you often. :)

melissa