CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Trying to keep up!

Tyler cooling down on our hot day.
Jaelyn loves the heat though....like her mommy.
Heading home, can't take the heat anymore....

I think we might have a model on our hands here. She loves getting her picture taken.
This is not her bike that she rides. We still have this for when little kids come over and she still likes to ride it.

Chelsea rollerblading out front. It had cooled down one evening and we sat outside and enjoyed the nice cool weather.
My other model here. She doesn't like to get her picture taken, but she is so photogenic.

Me practicing taking my own picture with my new camera. I had to crop this picture because Jaelyn decided to moon the camera just behind me. She had just got out of the bath and decided to get her picture too! She is such an Ousley!

My handsome boy just hanging out in the AC.
My other handsome boy! I love this dog so much. He has the best personality EVER!
This picture is my favorite of Jaelyn.

With pictures, laundry, e-mails, and Church! It seems like I can't catch my breath some days, but then when I don't have anything to do (which is hardly ever) I don't know what to do with myself.

So back to this week, the twins came back to our house on Monday. The kids were so excited to be back together again. It was total craziness, but so much fun. No matter how late I let them stay up, they would get up bright and early. I learned early on to put them to bed at a decent time, so I could have some time to myself and get up early with them all. Having the twins here made me really anxious to open my preschool. More on that later. So basically we hung out here all week and just played and enjoyed our last few days before school starts.

This weekend we are finishing up with school shopping. Tonight we are going to the movies here on base and seeing Wall-E. I can't wait. I am not sure who is more excited, me or the kids. Jaelyn keeps asking me what time is it and when are we leaving. Too bad it's only 3 in the afternoon. We still have a couple more hours until we leave. I think I will wear the kids out and walk to the movie theater! Then we can come home and crash!


I have been on the hunt looking for a new book to read. I just can't seem to find anything I like or will hold my interest. I started a sad book, but really don't want to read depressing stuff right now. Not with my emotional state...ha ha. I came across a suggestion- "The Time Travelers Wife" Has anyone read this? Did they find it very interesting or kind of out there? Please leave any feedback. If you have any book suggestions, I will take those too. I love anything with romance, love, Christian authors, and kids. So let me know what you have read!

I have a few pics to share from the past few days. Nothing special, like I said we have just been hanging out here. We went to the park right behind our house yesterday, but only stayed about ten minutes. It was 102 degrees. No thanks, I will wait until Fall gets here!
A little about Steve- things are going great with him. I can't believe it's been 5 weeks already! Time just keeps flying by! He is doing great over there, half way around the world from us, and seems to have gotten into a routine. He works out about 5-6 times a week at the gym, since it's the only thing for him to do besides work. It seems to be the thing to do over there. I have been sending him 1-3 boxes a week. He loves getting mail from home and it makes his day. Today he received his Cleveland Brown's blanket and pillow case I sent him. He is thrilled cause he will actually get to watch the Brown's play (since it's on ESPN) on Monday night! I am so excited for him. I know he hates to miss football season and he is kind of at AFN's mercy with their football schedule. If you have ever been stationed overseas, you know all about AFN. In the Azores we had AFN and it made life simpler cause we only had 5 channels to chose from, one of them was ESPN. Anyway, one month down....FIVE more to go!
Check back soon! I have lots of interesting things about to happen in the next few weeks. I was told today I should have my license by next week for my Preschool, which means I will hopefully stay on schedule to open after Labor Day weekend! Hooray...I see the light at the end of the tunnel finally.



5 comments:

Tracy said...

Finally...I found someone who loves posting photos as much as I do....lol....great pics. Hope you don't mind me popping in!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

O my goodness! Reading is a passion of mine. If you read that book you mentioned, let me know if it's good or not.
I enjoy anything from Karen Kingsbry, Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter.-- Good stuff! :o}

Of course you can add my blog to your list.- what an honor.

Elizabeth said...

Hey there...glad to hear things are going good for you guys!
I read a really good book called The Shack! It is awesome! It is christian based and really gets ya thinking! Check it out!
Well....sounds like everything is keeping you guys really busy, us too!
TTYL!

Christian said...

You are opening a preschool while your hubby is gone! Very ambitious, courageous, and crazy! It seems as though you have the gumption to make it work too! I recently read Pilgrim's Progress and it was a pretty good Christian classic. I would recommend it. Also Cecilia Ahern's books, "P.S. I Love You" (yes, the movie), and "Rosie Dunn" (it might also be called "Love, Rosie." My sister turned me on to her and I love her books. THere is a little language and lots of drunkedness, but it is set in Ireland, so go figure. If you can look past that, they are spectacular books.

Elizabeth said...

YES! It does get better! You HAVE to finish it! As a matter of fact...I think I'm going to read it again it was so good! FINISH IT!!!!!!