CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The "joys" of flying Space Available!

Here I sit in front of my computer, when I am suppose to be on the plane I hear revving up out on the flight line. The kids and I attempted to leave on a flight this morning to our destination, but the attempt failed. They only had ten seats available, so obviously they had ten people ahead of us. The part I don't like is that we are bumped down a Category, due to flying without my husband. In my eyes, we should be bumped UP a Category while he is away. That just seems fair to me. There were many families that didn't get on this flight, so I know they are going to be back there this evening, along with us, fighting to get on this last flight out.
Please pray that we get on this flight tonight. It broke my heart to hear Jaelyn cry when I told her to head back out to the car. She screamed "I want to go on the airplane and see GRANDMA!!!" It's hard to explain Space Available to a four year old, but I told her that we will try again tonight. It's a bigger plane, so hopefully we have a BIGGER chance of getting on. IF we don't get on this flight out tonight, then I am not sure when we will get out. There aren't any other flights out to our destination the rest of the weekend. I am putting a cut-off day of Tuesday, as my last chance to get out of here. We'll see what happens.
I just pray we get on this one tonight and then I don't have to worry about figuring out the rest. This is the worst part about the traveling and I usually have this really smart and good looking man to help me (my husband) with all of the decisions, but right now, I am alone in this.

I hope the next time I am updating to be in the cold, snowy state of Ohio! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

oh brandy...HUGS i am super sorry! i AGREE...families of military should have FIRST choice/availability. so sad about Jaelyn, it brought tears to my eyes, poor baby. i am praying that God opens up some doors and lets you on that plane tonight...praying so hard for you. you sooooo deserve it girl.

you take care. and merry CHRISTmas if i don't hear from you sooner. xoxo
mel