CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good Days and Bad Days...

It seems to be either or lately. I either have a really great day, or I have a really bad day. This week has been full of bad days. Now I say bad days, that doesn't necessarily mean the whole day is bad. It just seems to be very difficult coming off of a four day weekend and getting back into the grove of things. I really enjoyed my time off this past weekend. I made sure to take time for myself, get some much needed deep cleaning done, and spend some quality time with my kids. I am very blessed to be able to spend alot of time with my children on a daily basis. I know it's not always easy for working parents to find alot of time with their children, so I am lucky to be able to work out of my home. Soon enough my time of working out of the home will be over, but raising my children never will be. I am grateful and blessed to have been able to be a stay at home mom. One day I will look back and be ever so grateful for the time I spent with my children. Now don't get me wrong, there are days I just would love to run out of the house screaming and the past two days have been just like that.
Today has been a much better day though and I am so glad. I am getting so excited about our vacation home. Yes, I am calling it a vacation because it's a vacation from my house, work, and life. I get to go home and spend some quality time with family. That is the greatest Christmas present ever (besides if my husband could come home early). I already have my whole trip planned out and am ready to get it started. I have been praying about my trip that it goes well and I don't have too much trouble with traveling alone, and it seems to be working out just perfectly so far. This doesn't mean that it's going to GO perfectly, but so far my planning is...LOL. I have found a base on the east coast that flies here three times a week, and they have flights from here about two to three times a week to that same base. I also found at that base, they have a car rental place right INSIDE the terminal where I will be landing! PRAISE THE LORD! This is an answered prayer! I have been stressing about how I would get to the car rental place, dragging luggage and three kids. Now it seems to be working out. It is looking like I might actually be leaving two weeks from tomorrow. Just knowing it is so close, just has me so anxious to get it started.
I think I have all the needed items for snow. We have borrowed some and purchased most. I am sure I will get there and realize that I have forgot something, so I will probably have to do some shopping while I am home...darn. I do have to finish up some Christmas shopping when I get there because I don't want to drag it on the airplane with me. I will have plenty of family members VERY willing to take my children, so I can go out and finish up my shopping...alone. That will be exciting to get away and not have to worry about leaving my kids. They will be glad to get away from me and spend time with their family.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving as much as we did. We did a whole lot of nothing, but sitting around and munching on food all day long. I baked two pumpkin pies (I don't know what I was thinking) and had to send one to my neighbor next door. Pumpkin pie is a HUGE weakness of mine. There is no way I am going to let a pumpkin pie get the best of me! NO WAY! I ate a couple of pieces and then got rid of the rest. Boy times sure have changed.
I will be updating hopefully this weekend with some new pictures. It will be a busy week this week due to our Christmas musical coming up this Sunday. Our rehearsal is all day Saturday and then the musical is Sunday. The kids have been practicing so hard for this and I can't wait to see the final product on Sunday.
Have a great Hump Day everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post pictures of your Christmas musical/play. I give you so much credit Brandy for all that you do for the children at your church. By the way, how is your church doing? I hope things are much better and everything is going to be ok.
God will go before you on your trip and will line things up just the way they are suppose to be.
He will be with you every step of your journey protecting you and giving you the strength to do this. I can only imagine how excited the kids are!
Cheryl