CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ready for Turkey Day!!!

I love this picture of my kids just having fun and being care-free. I hope they can look back on this picture one day and remember how simple life was as a child.





I have my menu ready, my ingredients all sitting on the table, and my kids ready to cook, now I just need Thanksgiving to get here! Well actually, I am thinking about doing the cooking today. I figure I don't have anyone to cook for or to be ready at a certain time, so why not? Then I can just sit and relax all day tomorrow. Something I don't get to do hardly ever anymore!



I don't have much to say on here today, but just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I went to the Library yesterday and got three books to read this weekend. I am hoping to get to read a little bit, can you tell? I love to read and I don't think I have got to do much of it at all since I started back to work. I miss it and can't wait to dive into a book. I didn't get anything special to read, just a romance novel this time. Good old Danielle Steel. Don't judge me please!



I hope everyone is as ready for the Holiday's as I am! Tomorrow evening the kids and I are going to put up a tree. I just can't imagine this house going without one during Christmas. It looks like my neighbor is going to take care of Samson while we are gone, so he will be staying here and I want him to have a pretty tree to look at while we are gone. Ok, again, don't judge me. Yes, I love my dog! The kids are excited about putting up the tree. I am not going to go all out and decorate the whole inside or outside this year. It will be very simple. Just the garland from the ledge upstairs and the tree. I have already bought FOUR new Christmas CD's. I know, I am pathetic and yes, we have already been listening to them. I can't help it, I just love Christmas. I can't wait for Santa to visit here this year while we are gone.The kids are going to be so surprised to see all the presents under the tree when we get back.



Yesterday Tyler said that one of his friends in school told him Santa isn't real. He then asked me if he was. Now, I don't like lying to my children and I am doing the same thing with Tyler and Jaelyn that I did with Chelsea. I ask them "what do you think, do YOU think he is real?" and Tyler said yes, so I said then he must be real. I let my children believe until they are ready to NOT believe any longer. Why take that away from them? I feel kids grow up way to fast these days as it is, why not give them a little longer to believe in something so magical. My kids love tracking Santa on the computer every year on Christmas Eve, Even Chelsea watches and smiles as we look to see where Santa has delivered his presents to. It has been a tradition of ours for years now. I can't wait to see the twinkle in Jaelyn's eyes this year as she looks to see where Santa is heading. She is a little older this year and it is so much fun to hear her talk about Santa and how she can't wait for him to come.
I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend, those that get one. I hope I get some relaxing in mine and you take the time to relax too. I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping, so I will not be doing any shopping this weekend. I am too old for that chaos and can't handle it anymore. I would rather shop online...lol.



Have a Happy TURKEY DAY!



1 comments:

shannonc said...

Great picture! It looks like you are anticipating a great week! Sorry I couldn't be there, I would love to have you cook for me!!