CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

How many times can you wash your hands in a day?

Until they dry, crack and bleed? That is what happened to my hands this week. Monday I woke up sick, but I toughed it out. I probably washed my hands a thousand times in one day. I am trying my best to sanitize and clean everything, so I don't pass this on to the daycare kids. It only got worse from there and by Tuesday evening I was drugged up on NyQuil and in bed by 745.
It's been a rough week for me this week. I still toughed it out and worked, but barely. I probably should have closed on Wed, but I feel bad having four sets of parents trying to scramble and find alternate care. I am a person driven on guilt, shame on me. I am slowly weaning myself off of DayQuil now. I haven't taken any since Friday morning and I am feeling it. It seems worse in the morning cause it all sits at night. It is in my chest really badly and if I am not better by mid-week this week, I am making myself an appt. I have to be sure to take care of myself, so I can take care of my kids here at home. If I can't take care of them, then I don't have anybody that will, so it's vital for me to be healthy!
I am so glad it's the weekend! I am going to get the much needed rest that my body needs. The kids and I are just going to hang out here all day today and relax and recoup. Next week is a short week for me due to the Holiday's, so I am very excited about getting a FOUR day weekend. I already have our Thanksgiving planned out and can't wait until it gets here. We will be hanging out in style that day...in our PJ's! Yep, all day long! We are all going to cook our Thanksgiving dinner together and just play games or Playstation all day long. Nothing special, but lots of fun. My children getting older has always been a scary thing for me. I can't remember having any kind of life before kids. I had Chelsea when I was 18, so it's all I have ever really known in my adult life. I can say, that it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I LOVE my children and their ages now. We have so much fun together and enjoy each other's company. Life with a teenager isn't always easy, but she is such a great help to me and also has been a joy getting to know as a teenager. Thanksgiving day is going to be a fun day with my kids and Samson and I am going to cherish that day as much as I can. I know deep down inside that there is going to come a day when I won't always have my children here to spend the Holiday's with me and so I am going to soak up every moment I can.
Last night I finished up Steve's birthday/Christmas presents to send out in his box. I am so excited about his box and really hope that he loves his gifts. I wish he was here so I could see his face as he opens them! I have such a hard time keeping surprises to myself, so this has just been killing me! I have been doing good so far. If I keep talking though, I might end up giving up too much information!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! At some point I am going to try and clean my headlights on my van. They have become very very dingy, I think is the word. I had to change my turn signal last night because it blew again! Did I mention that I can't wait to get my NEW car when Steve gets home?? It has been EIGHT years since we have bought me a new car and I think it's time. The poor van is about to fall apart and I can't take it any longer. Although, Steve will be driving it for a little while because I am not letting daycare kids in my brand new car! No way! My own kids will be lucky to get in it! Just kidding.
Have a great weekend and I will hopefully post a little more healthier next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you were feeling better by now. I am so sorry and will keep praying for you. I can't imagine keeping up with kids all day while feeling so sick, but it sounds like all of your hand washing has paid off and no one has gotten sick so that's a huge blessing.
Yeah about the new car! What kind are you getting? I bet you are so excited. I just got a new one a few months ago and love it. I had never had leather seats before and this one has it and they heat up and also on your back! It is so nice. I am enjoying it. I drive alot being in sales so it is nice to have a car you like to drive in.
I am sure Steve will just love his birthday care package from his family.
Love and hugs from Ohio.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you were feeling better by now. I am so sorry and will keep praying for you. I can't imagine keeping up with kids all day while feeling so sick, but it sounds like all of your hand washing has paid off and no one has gotten sick so that's a huge blessing.
Yeah about the new car! What kind are you getting? I bet you are so excited. I just got a new one a few months ago and love it. I had never had leather seats before and this one has it and they heat up and also on your back! It is so nice. I am enjoying it. I drive alot being in sales so it is nice to have a car you like to drive in.
I am sure Steve will just love his birthday care package from his family.
Love and hugs from Ohio.
Cheryl

Elizabeth said...

Hey Brandy,
I'll be praying that you feel better very soon! It must be so hard trying to keep up with everyone and being sick! You are such and awesome person! I'm sure your hubby will love his gift from you!!!! How could he not!
Well....get some much needed rest before the week starts all over again!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

hey I love the pictures, the kids are growing so fast, and I love your haircut too! I need to get on the ball with pics, maybe this weekend. I will pray for you, that you feel better. I will call you when I get home, It will be good to chat again. I miss our times, sometimes I feel alone out here, I could always depend on you to call me, now no one calls, but larry. love, shan