CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

You Better Watch Out...

You better not cry, you better not pout, I am telling you why....SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!
Yes folks, I am talking Christmas! It's everywhere you look, it's all over tv commercials (which I can't stand) and it's all over the stores. I can't believe how quickly Christmas is sneaking up on me. I am usually a last minute shopper, but have been working hard this year to stay ahead of the game. I have done a good job of it too. Today I went out and bought one of Steve's Christmas presents. We usually don't buy for each other and mainly focus on the kids each year, but this year is special. We are not going to be having Christmas together on Christmas Day. If you know me at all I am horrible at keeping secrets, so it is killing me not to tell Steve!

I am also gearing up for our trip home to Ohio. Here in Northern California, our winters are very mild. We don't see snow, but we usually see plenty of rain. It isn't NEAR as cold as it is in Ohio, so needless to say....we don't dress for winters like they do back home. I have been getting warmer clothes for both me and the kids. We are taking a military flight home, so I am not sure where we will land. We could land in New Jersey and have to walk in the snow some. I am really nervous about this trip alone with the kids cause it's not so easy. I won't have tickets with a set date, set destination, or set time. I literally fly by the seat of my pants. When we land we don't have any method of transportation to get to Ohio, so I will be renting a car and driving in snow. I haven't drove in snow in over 5years at least, so I am pretty nervous about it. I think I have discussed this before about my trip to Ohio, but this is my blog and I can talk about things as many times as I want...lol. That's how nervous I am about this whole trip. If it was just me I wouldn't worry too much, but I will be dragging three kids around with me too in the freezing cold.
Today I checked out a kennel to put Samson in while we are away. It's just too difficult during the Holiday's to find anyone willing to stay here with him. I am so upset about putting him in a kennel, but I really don't have any other option. This is another added expense that we have for our "FREE"trip home. Many people think that it's just so easy for to come home cause we can fly for free. Not really the case at all. We have to rent cars, pay someone to watch our dog or kennel him, pay for gas for the car rentals, etc, etc. It really does add up and fast, especially around the Holiday's.
So I am done venting for now. Like I said, I have been torn about being happy about the Holiday's. It just isn't the same without my husband here. This trip would be 100% easier with him by my side, but most things usually are with him.
My weekend is going great. The kids and I are going to the Nut Tree tomorrow to enjoy some rides and spend some quality time together. I feel as though we don't get that very often with me working now. I am ready to enjoy a great day at Church and then some time with my kiddos. I hope you all are able to do the same...

3 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I just wanted to leave you a comment finally. I have been reading your blog for a long time. I am a blogger friend of Mindy's.

I hope that despite of your husband being away this Christmas that you enjoy spending time in OH!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

We hope your family was able to enjoy the Nut Tree this past weekend! Come on back on Veterans Day for our special operating hours!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.