CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

A couple of prayer requests....

Just a short post to ask for prayer for G tomorrow. After school he is going for a visit with his brother and sister to see his Grandma. He called and talked to Grandma last week and she said she got him a bunch of gifts. I am just praying this is true. I don't know the grandma at all, so I am not saying she didn't get the gifts, but I know how badly G's heart will be crushed. It's not really that he is getting gifts, it's that his GRANDMA thought about him and got him gifts. That's why I believe he is so excited. I truly believe he is missing his family. Although he says he doesn't like his mom and calls her a liar, he has been talking a whole lot about her the past few days. My heart just breaks for this young boy, who is need of his mother. I am doing the best I can to be there for him. Today he gave me a great big hug and I just felt so lucky. He isn't an affectionate child, so I let him take the lead. He does have a great big heart though. We went to Steve's Christmas party at work yesterday and the kids all got to stuff animals. G made his and said he was giving it to his grandma for Christmas. What a sweet kid! He really is and I am so proud to have him as my son right now. I know that he isn't here forever and I am trying not to get too emotionally involved, but how can I not? I am just trying not to think too much of the day he might leave and just focusing on today.
My second prayer request is an unspoken one. I am not going to go into detail on here cause it is personal, but please keep me in your prayers in the next couple of weeks. I have some things going on and tests being done, so please keep me in your prayers. I know that our God is an awesome God and I just want to praise Him all the time.
Today our message in Church was wonderful. It was all about Faith and how we should give praise before our blessings instead of after, which is so true. So that is what I am going to focus on this week is praising God for everything in advance. I am guilty of praising Him after everything is all said and done, instead of during the trial like I should be.
Lord I just ask you to work on my heart this week. Help me to focus more on You, like I should be Lord. Help me to take more time to read Your Word and spend more time in prayer. All I want in my life is to be like You and to fullfill Your Will in my life, whatever that should be. I want to give you all the praise and Glory in advance for all that You are going to do. I lift up G and my kids to you tonight, that they strive to grow closer to You and to work towards being Godly men and woman one day. I also want to lift my special prayer request Lord. You know what is going on and I just ask for your guidance in everything. I lift my Church up to You Lord. Right now is a trying time for us, but I believe- FAITHFULLY that You will see us through this storm. You already know the outcome Lord. I thank You for that.

I pray for all those Children out there that may not have a family to celebrate Your birth with this year, all of the boys and girls that are in foster care, waiting adoption, and all the children in other countries waiting to come home to their forever families, I pray that you be with them since their loved ones can't Lord.
I give you all the praise and the Glory. In Jesus' name I pray....
Amen

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am praying for you girl! God knows what your needs are and he will be there to see you through! I am praying for G also...I pray that he grandma does what she says so that he doesn't lose faith in everyone he knows. I praise God that you and your family are there so that he knows what a good stable family is.
You are all being lifted up in prayer right now!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Yep...that's the view from my house...the only picture I took outside was of the cars...the rest are from my living room.
Sounds like G will have a good visit with family...I'll keep praying!
Elizabeth

Melissa De Mers said...

i can't wait to hear about G's visit with Grandma. i love when you blog, i hope you don't give it up, although i know it's really hard to keep up w/it. even if you take a break, we'll be here waiting for you. :)

praying always! i hope everything is OK!

love,
melissa