CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Feeling really bad...

I have not been feeling myself since we got back from our trip. I actually am not sure if I am fighting a cold/flu or if I am just extremely jet-lagged. It is horrible cause one minute I feel fine and the next my head is spinning. I am probably going to make myself a doctor's appt this week if I don't start feeling any better.
That is not the only reason I am feeling bad though. Yesterday G finally got through to his grandma on the phone. He has tried a couple of times to contact her without getting through to her. So he chatted on the phone with her for a little while. It was interesting to hear him talk to her about all the things he has done since he has been here. He also talked all about flying (sitting in the cockpit) and our trip. I actually felt bad for his grandma to sit and listen to all the fun he is having while away from his family. After he hung up the phone he said he really wants to see his grandma and she really wants to see him. I told him that as soon as his SW sets up something we will make sure it happens. I also told him that if we don't hear from his SW (county not our agency) then I will contact her and let her know that he wants to see her. G started talking about all these things his grandma claimed to have got him and that "She knows me and what I like." I know that he didn't intend to hurt my feelings, but in a way it did. We have been doing everything we can to make him have a happy stay here and it just seemed like he didn't even think about that. But I am a big girl and once I got over the initial hurt of his words, I knew that he just really misses his grandma and being apart of his family. They DO know him, way better than I do, so I shouldn't get offended by that statement at all. I am just going to continue what I am doing and that is getting to know G more and more everyday. He wants to see his grandma so badly. I have a feeling that this is the one and only person that he connects with. He tells me all the time that he doesn't want to go back to his mom and he doesn't like her at all. I know he has a lot of angry feelings towards her, but this just breaks my heart when he talks like that. He calls her a liar all the time. I would be so heartbroken if one of my kids said that about me. I also am not sure what to say when he says these things. Today I told him to have faith, that maybe she might get her act together and he shook his head and said "nope, she won't and never will." That just broke my heart. Maybe I shouldn't tell him to have faith, maybe he is right about her? I just am not sure what to say to him when he says these things about his mom, cause after all she is still his mom. It has been six weeks since he has seen her or had any contact with her and I feel horrible. I know deep down inside he wants to talk to her and tell her about what he has been doing, but at the same time he is angry with her for not stepping up and being a mom. Poor guy. This is why I am fighting so badly for him to be in counseling. I don't have all the answers, and he needs someone that he can share all of his feelings with about the whole situation. Hopefully something happens this week.
Now on to my next pre-teen, Chelsea. She has become soooo boy crazy all of the sudden. She has a boy that lives two houses down from us that she really likes. From what I hear, he likes her too. SHe is WAAAAY too young to be thinking about boys already. I have sat her down and told her that she is too young. It's ok to like boys, but not think about having a relationship! We just can't get through to her about it though. I am praying about it too, but it is just driving me crazy. The worst part is that she gets all emotional about the whole thing and starts crying whenever we talk to her about it. Steve told her the other night, that she better tone it down with this boy cause he doesn't want HIM to step in! Ohhhh I didn't expect this to happen just yet. I just don't want her to be anything like me when I was that age. THe thing I have on my side is that I am teaching her about Jesus and being a Godly woman, where my parents didn't. I just have to do lots of praying during these pre-teen years. A friend from church that has grown children told me that I wasn't going to like her for the next few years. She even said at some times I might Hate her....hopefully not, but I am sure there will be some strong feelings from both of us.
Tonight we took our Christmas picture, but sadly I can't post it on here. G is in the picture with us of course. I need to check with our SW worker to see if we can even put him on our Christmas cards. If not, then there won't be a picture this year on our cards. That's ok. THis is what I signed up for. Whatever it takes to make him feel apart of our family.
Tonight I am lifting up my children in prayer. I know this is selfish, but I want to take the time to lift them up in prayer. Lord I give you G, Chelsea, Tyler, and Jaelyn tonight. I pray for them to make Godly decisions throughout their lives Lord and to be pleasing to You. I thank you for trusting these precious children to me and Steve and I pray that you continue to give us the wisdom to raise them up into Godly adults. I pray that they surrender all to you one day Lord.
Thank you for all that you have done for them Lord and I pray that you continue to keep them safe. I want to thank you for my family. I am thankful each and every day that I have them with me. I am grateful for each day that we spend together and the memories that we create. You are an almighty God and I give you all the praise and the Glory.
In Jesus' name we pray....
Amen

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I cannot even imagine the things you are going through right now Brandy, but what I can do is pray for you and that I will! God is always in control, so he will guide you and give you the wisdom and words that you need for your kids!
Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Take care and know that there are others out there praying for you and your family right now!
God Bless,
Elizabeth

Melissa De Mers said...

hi brandy - your entry tonight (well i'm reading it tonight) really touched me. i'm very sure that G has had nothing but a hard life thus far. he sounds like he's been hurt one too many times, especially by his own mom. that is so hard. it's hard to know the exact 'right' words to say, but just say a quick prayer before you talk to him about it and God will either give you the right thing to say or just be silent. sometimes all he probably needs is someone to actually listen to him. sometimes that is more than words.

i'll pray for your kiddos. i'm getting nervous now....now i am worried about what i have to look forward to in the years to come! hang in there and just keep on chelsea like you're doing. you seem to have a great head on your shoulders and you are her mom first and it feels like you are doing the right thing. i'm sure haylee will hate me one day, but she just needs to know i'm doing it for her own benefit. she will realize it one day brandy. :)

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Brandy,

I hope you make a doctor's appt. You have been fighting not feeling well for TOO LONG! Get to the doctor, Promise!!!!!!

I hope that things work out this week and you make headway to getting "G" his counseling. You are just there to show your love and a stable home environment, while the counseling and issues should be left to counseling. That is too hard for you personally and stressful! Heck without a degree in counseling, no one would know exactly the right things to say that could make things worse, ya know! But, the Lord will definitely give you wisdom and will walk you through this honey. He will.

NOW....as far as Chelsea....I just don't think you would want one of those Ousley men going after a potential boyfriend! LOL! NO WAY! They would definitely scare them away for sure! It is just such a hard age! It is insane out there for these teenagers! I hear things that just blow my mind. All you can do Brandy is be the role model that you are...set the standards in your home, which you have already done and KEEP THE COMMUNICATION OPEN. Be her sounding board. People say you shouldn't be your teens best friend, but I somewhat disagree with that. I NEVER ever hated Mindy through her teens. I can't imagine that. I always tried to put myself in her shoes and what she was going through. I loved her unconditionally and still do and will as long as I am on this earth.
I was there to listen and not judge. She knew my beliefs and I NEVER wavered from them. It wasn't one thing today, another tomorrow. They are the same today. We tried to be open to each situation and at least listen to her.
I really hope you can find some POSITIVE mothers to pray with that doesn't see these years as doom and gloom and profess negative thoughts over their kids. Profess only good things ahead for this period in Chelsea's life!!!!!!!!!!!! Speak postive scriptures over her in your prayer time. The Lord will give you those that are just for you to stand out!!! I know He will.
Will you do me a favor??????
Ask the Lord to give you those scriptures for you as Chelsea's mom to stand on and let me know what the Lord gives you and then I will pray those along with you. OK. I will be a prayer partner for Chelsea.

Hugs and don't listen to those that speak negative about this period that you are entering with Chelsea. EMBRACE IT and BELIEVE GOD for GREAT THINGS!!!!!!!

Love,
Cheryl