CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 30, 2007

Too much to catch up on...


Oh my...where does the time go?? My week has flown by this week and I am so tired from it!

Things are going great around here. Monday we were decorating our house for Christmas. It turned out sooo nice on the inside and out! I am so proud of it. I love Christmas time. I don't really have a theme or anything going on, I just love the lights....and lots of them. It's funny cause people actually slow down on our road to check out our lights!! Steve wanted a cross this year to hang out there somewhere, so he cut a cross out of cardboard, poked holes in it and stuck the lights in it. It turned out really nice. It isn't in these pics cause he made it the next night, but I will try to get a picture on here of it.

G is doing great. He is really excited about Christmas. I can't say I blame him! I am not sure what his Christmas's in the past have been like, but from what he says not good.

I have so much to say, but blogger took too long loading my pics, so I am out of time. I have a kitchen to clean, laundry to finish, History homework that needs to be done, and so on! It is almost my bedtime too!

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster this past week. I haven't been feeling to well and that doesn't help at all. I sat and almost cried the other night thinking of how little time I am going to get with my husband next year. We might have him home a total of FOUR months out of the year next year. He found out that he has to go to a class for six weeks starting in Febuary. He will get back the end of March, then turn around and deploy for six months May/June!!! It is so depressing when you sit and think about it, so I am just trying make the best of the Holiday's this year cause I am not sure we will all be together as a family next year. I try not to sit and think about him leaving too much, but it is hard when my whole life is revolved around his work and deployments. I wasn't sure what to do about school next semester since he was leaving for six weeks, but we worked it out. More to come on that later......

I did register for classes though!! It is exciting to know that I am almost done with school!! HOORAY!!!

The kitchen is calling my name, so I better get going...I just want to end with a prayer once again. I have been struggling with contentment this past week. I get so tired of being in the same place for too long and am ready to move on. Well, now with G here, I don't want to move on just yet. I need to learn to be content with my life. DOn't get me wrong. I am so blessed and love my family, home, and life, but for some odd reason I like to be on the go and on the move alot. Being here in California for four years has been very hard for me, but I am slowly becoming content....

Thank you Jesus for my family, friends and life. I am so blessed with all I have and I just ask you to help me learn to be content with my life. I am grateful that I am able to stay at home with my children and watch them grow into mature young adults (too quickly I might add) and thank you for trusting me with them. I also want to thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. You know my future and I just want to thank you in advance for that. Please be with those that are away from their families during the Holidays. I pray a hedge of protection around all of our military members. Thank you once again for all that I have. In Jesus' name we pray....

Amen

P.S. We got a new camera so that's why there actually pics of me and Steve on here. We have been testing the different settings on our new camera!! These pics are all out of order and I don't know what happened, but my one pic of Tyler got deleted so I added another up top!! Oh my... I need to get off of here.


My handsome husband!!!

Me....looking awful!!




Can you see the pre-teen attitude? She has been giving us a really hard time this past week, but we will get through it!! I HOPE!!
I am all dressed for the snow.....where is it???










3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Brandy,
Your Christmas lights are so beautiful...no wonder people stop to look! I guess that I should go out at night and take a picture of our lights...we don't have many but hey we live in a small house! Anyhow, I wanted you to know that I am praying for you! I am going through hard times as well but don't know how I'd do it without my husband by my side...God will take care of you and your family while your husband has to be away!I promise that I'll be praying for you each step of the way! Stay strong for your children...they need you. God bless!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your decorations outside look great! You guys sure go all out! I bet the kids love it! Your tree looks so nice too Brandy. This Christmas will be so special and just don't even think of next Christmas. God ways are so much higher than ours and He can change things in an instant so maybe Steve won't even be gone near as long or even go. We can always HOPE.
Through what I am going through, I just don't think of tomorrows anymore. I just take today and live it to the fullest. Sometimes my mind will start to wander to next year, or even past that and I just come back to today. Cancer changes you like that. But in a really good way!!!!! So many good ways.
As far as the pre=teen years. I promise you that you will get through it. Embrace it and just know how hard it is out there for the teens these days. So much worse than the days of when you and Mindy went through it. I just feel for teens these days. SOOOOOOOOO much peer pressure it is ridiculous! Hugs to you though, because it is one of the hardest times I think. I hope you can find some other moms to talk to because that helps to have other mothers who are going through those years along with you and to form a prayer group for them.
I liked Chelsea's boots!
Hugs from Ohio where it is currently sleeting tonight and dropping below 30 and getting very COLD!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine :)
I finally checked out your blog (actually this makes my second visit)and Mindy's. You two must miss each other!
Your pic's look just like they do in person...DUH! They look GREAT!
I'd show you my tree, but although it was dead when we bought it...it looks like a hundred year old man today all curled up and dry. This is the first tree we've had that wouldn't absorb the water/solution and we even cut off 2". It is from Silveyville...next time Apple Hill,wanna go? That is if you are still in Cali! We can still go past Apple Hill for some snow fun or sure this year!!! As I see your girls are dressed and ready :)
I love you heaps!

xoxoxox,
Susan