CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Today was another great day together. I am so thankful everyday that my husband is home with his family. I pray for those who are without their loved one as the Holiday's approach. It is a difficult time to be so far away, not that anytime is good. It might be us going through all of the Holiday's next year without Steve, but I am not going to think about that right now.
We didn't go to Church this morning, but instead went to the Veteran's Day parade that Steve marched in today. It was a cute parade and I took lots and lots of pictures. Today I took tons of pictures of all of the kids together, but sadly don't want to post them until I find out if it's ok or not.

So I want to address a concern that has been brought to my attention. A concern about G and Chelsea being the same age. I just want everyone to know that this was a big concern of ours (and still is) since we got the Placement call. This was NOT a decision we made lightly. We took G in knowing that there will not be a MOMENT that any of the kids will be left alone. This is not an option ever, even if we wanted to because our agency does not allow it, which we wouldn't anyways. Also, when G came here we layed out the rules immediatly of what is appropriate behavior and what is not. We told the rules and told of the consequences if they were not followed. Now I am not saying since we did these things, that we might not have a problem now and again, but it should limit any. G wants to be here. He wants to be a part of a family, this family. I would like to think that he will do anything he can to remain here. That is how he acts and speaks. He doesn't want to leave...at all. I just wanted to put everyone to rest that we are not in this naively, that we are watching the kids at all times and they know it too, and that we are going to take any and ALL preventitive measure for anything to happen. If I am not at home, then Steve is here. ONe of us is at home with the kids at all times. There were times before G came that we let Chelsea babysit here and there, but those times are over. Like I said, it is not an option.
At Target yesterday I bought a journal. I am going to be writing alot of things down and journaling on paper too. There are just some things that are too private to G that I shouldn't and won't put on here, so I will put them on paper. He has said some things here and there that has really raised a concern for me and I want to put them on paper (about his mom and family). Hopefully I can keep up with both journals, but if I can't keep up with both I will have to focus on the one on paper. Just cause I can show it to social workers and stuff.
We had a great day today and I am pooped from it all. We went to eat at Applebee's after the parade and G was thrilled. I think he said he has only been there once. Tomorrow he wants to go get a haircut, but I think Steve is going to cut it. G was excited about that too. It is so refreshing to see how excited he gets about the small stuff. The things most kids take for granted, this child doesn't. He is grateful for anything. I can't wait until Christmas for G. I don't want him to just be excited about the gifts, but I am hoping to teach him about the true meaning of Christmas....the birth of our Savior. That's the true meaning of Christmas.
Here are a alot of pictures from today. It makes me so sad that I can't share pics of G yet, but watch out when I can! Enjoy the pics....

Steve is second from the right in the front row. I was so proud to see him marching in the Veteran's Parade!! There were many groups from Travis in the parade. Steve's group is wearing their Desert BDU's. I just love my husband!
More pics...

Me trying to get a close-up of him. My flag kind of got in the picture!
Some pictures of the different things in the parade....




This dragon came right up to me and pretended to lick me and tried taking Jaelyn's tiger out of my arms!! I wasn't sure if he was playing or what...but I didn't like it at all and neither did Jaelyn. She was about to freak out when it came up to us!


I tried to get a cute picture of these two together today, but it just didn't happen. I am not sure what Tyler is doing in this picture?


It's so funny when I first saw this picture, it reminded me of her baby pics. I just can't get over how big she is getting and all the new things she says each day.

Complete cuteness by Jaelyn...she really is comical most days. She is very entertaining for our family!

So I am always ending my journal entries with a prayer. Today my prayer is for Steve's grandma and grandpa. This morning we got a call from Steve's mom saying that Steve's grandma and grandpa's house caught on fire. Luckily nobody was in the house at the time, but I guess they lost alot of antiques and stuff. I think at least one bedroom is burnt up, but I don't have alot of details. I do know they can't live there because there isn't any electricity. They believe it's an electrical fire and started in the basement.
Lord I just want to praise you for Steve's grandma and grandpa being away at the time of the fire. This might be the wake up call they need to turn to you Lord. We don't know your reason behind this, but we KNOW we can trust you in all things. I just pray that you give them a peace to know that everything will work out and that they should be grateful to still be here and not have been in the fire. Thank you Lord for our Veteran's that have fought in many Wars in the past and up to the Present. Our Country wouldn't be what it is today if it hadn't been for the many sacrifices of the men and women of our military forces. We all know that Freedom comes at a price.....
Thank you Lord for all that you do in my life and my family's life. I continue to pray for YOUR guidance and YOUR Will in my life.
In Jesus' name we pray....
Amen.





7 comments:

Mindy said...

Well I am glad you had another wonderful day and I agree with you about all the things with G and Chelsea. I think it will be OK if you keep an eye on it and I know you will. The parade looks like a great time! It rained all day here today. YUCK. It's actually supposed to rain pretty much all week long...YUCK AGAIN. I like rain but not EVERY day. I don't know what's going on with the fire. She called her this morning but Kris got the gist that all the bedrooms completely burned and that they would have to totally rebuild? I don't know since I wasn't the one on the phone...I am hoping we learn more soon as I am just sick over this for them...truly.
Hugs

Jess said...

I was told by our caseworker and several other more experienced foster parents that we are NOT allowed to post pictures of foster children. No one is allowed to publish in any way a picture of a foster child that is identifiable. They can't be in the newpaper or even a church directory.

However, if it's the back of their head, or unidentifiable as them, then it's okay. Or so my caseworker said. Some people blur the kids' faces in group photos. I've done that, actually I just covered it with a big circle. I also take pictures of their back or side, nothing that would tell who they are. You also can't give identifying info, nothing private either.

Of course, once our foster daughter is legally ours I plan to go nuts posting and sharing her photos! In the meantime I'm becoming a master of the back of the head photo.

Jess said...

Just thought I should add that "waiting children" photolistings don't count. They have permission in order to get those kids adopted faster.

yestheirmine said...

Thank for viewing my blog, you have to excuse me as I am very opinonated when it comes to children, abuse and those who neglect them. I love hearing from military spouse we are all family ya know! I loved your pic's tell your hubby thanks for his service. We also lived in Cali for five years. Come back anytime to visit.

Blessings from above said...

Hello there! No please feel free to stop by any time. I sure don't
mind. Congratulations, on your first placement. I know that is always
exciting and sometimes scarry. :) I think you will be amazed with the
changes you will see in your child(ren). What age did you get? I have
fostered over 23 and adopted 3. I love it and only wish I had the fund and the
house big enought to do many many more. If you have question or need
support I will be willing in what ever manner I can. I know sometimes
the system is a little hard to understand and can be stressful (more so
than the children). :) Good luck! Always. Jennifer

Blessings from above said...

I have not had any changes for the worse in my children. If any thing they are my drive to do foster care. They enjoy having someone to play with. My 7 year old thinks we can pick up any child off of the street and foster them. :) lol... I know we too had an awesome agency. It was nice to vent to other foster parents sometimes. :) They agencies are good but nice when someone has actually felt the emotions that are going on. I think it is awesome you are going older. The oldest we had was 11 and she was a joy. They can express what they are feeling verbally and it makes it much easier. I sure hope you have as much fun as I have.

Anonymous said...

Brandy,

As always, I enjoyed all of the pictures. The parade pictures were wonderful. Always praying for our country and the men who serve it as well as the men who serve in law enforcement.

It sounds like you aren't going to be able to post pictures of "G" :(
I can see the reasoning behind it, but I know you must be so proud to want to show us how special he is.

I am so glad you are posting alot more and hope you can keep up both your personal journal at home with private information as well as your blog.

I will keep checking back, but know how busy you are and how it will be hard to keep it all up.

Just let us know every now and then how things are going or any special prayer requests.

Love and Hugs and Prayers,
Cheryl