CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tomorrow is the big day...

I can't believe how quickly everything is happening now. I got a phone call from G's caseworker today asking if he could move in tomorrow. It's the only time in her busy schedule that she is able to do it, so of course I said yes. She is a very nice lady and seems to really care about the children in her care.
So G has a caseworker through Solano County and then a case worker through our agency too. Actually we get assigned the case worker for our house, so any children in our house fall under that case worker. We haven't met our case worker yet because he was just assigned to us (since G is our first child) and he has been out sick this week. So for right now we are dealing with a different case worker until ours is better. I really like our agency because they actually make WEEKLY visits out to us, in our home, to see how we are adjusting and how the child is adjusting. That is what first attracted me to our agency. I didn't want to go into this blindly and not have any help or assistance. THey have been by my side since we got the call last week. When G came to visit us yesterday, not only was his case worker here, but ours as well. It was very comforting.
So, G comes here tomorrow at 4:30 to officially move into our home. I am really excited. It's almost like preparing for a baby (well not really) but the excitement of the unknown is the same. Steve went tonight (since I had to go to school) and bought G a new bed set for his bed. Him and Tyler are in one room and CHelsea and Jaelyn are in the other.Tomorrow I am going and buying a bunk bed for Chelsea and Jaelyn. Their room is a little small and they need a bunk bed to make more room in there. Last night Steve and I sat down with Tyler to be sure he was ok with G moving into his room and having G here. He is so quiet and shy sometimes like his daddy ( I know this is hard to believe that my husband is shy or quiet but he really can be) but he seemed totally fine with everything. He is actually excited about having another boy in the family cause now (Tyler says) we are even! I guess that's a good thing!!
Steve did some checking today and found out that G is able to fly on a military flight with us to GA for Thanksgiving. That was really exciting to find out. G hasn't ever flown on a plane before and seemed excited to do so, if he does. We are still undecided about going due to the Holiday's coming up and the expenses of everything. We aren't sure yet, but will decide within the next week.
Well, I am excited to be able to blog about something exciting. I am thinking about using this blog now to journal my thoughts and feelings about what all goes on with Foster Care. It will be a great journey. I am sure it won't always be easy or fun, but in the end I am hoping it will be rewarding,probably in ways that I might never see. Who knows? All I want is to show this child what a family is suppose to be like. I don't want him to have to worry about life yet, because he will have his whole adult life to do that. All I want is for him to be a child, to have fun, make new friends, learn about Jesus,to feel loved, and to just be happy and care-free. I just pray that while I have been given this gift, this boy, whether it's temporarily or long-term, that I help him learn how to feel all of these things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bran, that is great news that he is coming so soon. So is his name G or are you shorting that for something? Will you post his pictures? He sounds like a good kid. You know he is very lucky to have found yall. Well, talk to you later.
Elissa

Anonymous said...

I feel your excitment through this post Brandy. Such a heart you have for this young man. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know that it is truly a "GOD THING!" That it is by no mistake that "G" is coming to be with you tomorrow. Know that God will walk you through every step and each day with "G". For what He calls His servants to, he provides the necessary instructions through his Holy Spirit. He will guide you each step Brandy. Rest in knowing that.

I can only imagine all of you this evening and the butterlies you ALL are feeling! Dinnertime tomorrow will be so sweet around your table.

Oh please, please journal your feelings through this. I want to hear all about it.

Supporting you through prayer. I promise you that! You have my word on that.

Hugs and BIG ones!
(also praying for wisdom and favor regarding your trip to see your mom for Thanksgiving) We have so much to be thankful for dont we!

I can't imagine living this life one breath without Him.

Cheryl