CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Laziness and shopping...

Today was a fun day! All of us woke up late (except for Steve) and got to sleep in! I haven't slept in til 900 in a very long time it seems. Steve got up in the middle of the night to go hunting, it was opening day of Pheasant season. Him and a few buddies went up to a place near Sacramento and they actually got a couple of birds today. The kids and I piddled around the house most of the morning. G and I sat down and went over some documents today and some additional rules set by our agency, then we decided after doing inventory of all of his clothes that we needed to go shopping!!
We decided to go with Susan and the twins to Target and get a few things, after we had lunch at McDonald's playland. It was NOT a smart place to pick for lunch today due to the rain! I guess everyone was trying to get out of the house for lunch today. It was a mad house! We had fun in Target, even though it was packed too. You can really tell the Holiday's are closing in! At Target we got G some new boxer's ( I am sure he would be happy about me telling this) some socks, jeans,shoes, and some shirts. You would have thought it was Christmas for him! He wouldn't stop thanking me and was so excited about his new outfit. I totally loved seeing the smile on his face. He had 35.00 burning a hole in his pocket and he was actually going to buy himself a new pair of shoes! I told him that he doesn't need to buy his own clothes and shoes, that is my job and I told him to buy something fun for himself. He decided to buy a playstation game for him and the kids to play. Isn't that sweet? He really is a grateful child. He thanks me every night after dinner and truly is appreciative of the small things. Tonight I made fried chicken, baked potatoes, and green bean casserole!!! Yummy!
After dinner tonight we played Yatzee (another purchase from Target along with the game Life) and had a blast. ALL of us played including Jaelyn. She sat so patiently while the rest of us were rolling the dice and as soon as we said it was her turn, her face lit up! Tyler liked playing alot too and came in second place.
Well, I didn't do a whole lot today, but for some reason I am really pooped. I am thinking about actually going to bed early to get some extra sleep. We are not going to Church tomorrow morning cause Steve is marching in a parade for Veteran's Day and we want to go and see him march in it. Have I told anyone how proud I am of my husband? Well, I am so very proud of him and his integrity, honor, and commitment to me, his family, and also his Country! I couldn't ask for a better man to be my husband and father to my children!

Tonight I am closing with a prayer not only for my family, but for all of the men and women who have served our Country and continue to serve our Country today. These men and women (and their families) make so many sacrifices for our freedom and Country, so the least we can do is pray for them, not only on Veteran's Day, but every day. I also want to pray for our Country tonight. I just lift up the leaders of this Country to you Lord. Please give them the wisdom to run this Country the way you intended it to be ran. I pray for the Presidential election that already has this Country in uproar. I just pray for YOUR Will for our country Lord, and pray that we may be pleasing to you.
Please keep our military men and women safe Lord as they continue to fight for our freedom and safety. I just pray a hedge of protection around them Lord while they are away from their families. Thank you for your blessings that you bestow upon me and my family. I am so grateful for all that you do in my life and all that you continue to do. I pray tonight that we continue to bond with G as a family unit and he one day soon accepts you into his heart.
I give you all the praise and Glory!
In Jesus' name...
Amen
P.S. This week I am going to ask our social worker if it is ok that I have pics of G on our Family blog. I am not sure how that works. So keep checking next week for possible pics! Also, it's amazing how I find time to blog when I want to journal my thoughts.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Brandy for the prayers for my husband and I...I feel like one could never have enough prayer!
I will continue to pray for your family as well!
May God bless!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

This post was beautiful Brandy. The love for your husband, your family, your Lord, your country is refreshing to hear in a world that has taken such a different road. It is so sad and heartbreaking to think that you are a RARE family nowdays. And to get to show "G" what a loving supportive family is makes me smile. The hard thing is knowing what he may have to go back to. But, look at the people now praying for "G" and we know God hears our prayers and that He is working behind the scenes in "G's" future!!
The shopping trip made me get tears thinking of how happy he was and so grateful.
I can already see the Lord doing such great things through this Brandy.
I am so happy you are journaling your thoughts and you can go back and read them someday and will be so glad you took a minute to journal them through this.
We are blessed by your blog.
Thank you,
Cheryl