CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 9, 2007

Craziness and A Family Night

Today was another crazy day. I think I almost drained my gas tank, along with all of my energy!! I started at 800 am (out the door) and didn't sit and stop until later this evening! I had to go to SIX different Starbucks to deliver a letter requesting donations for our Merriment on Main that I am coordinating for our Church. This is with a three year old (not feeling so well) in tow. That was my morning. I then dropped Jaelyn off at her school and took off to work in Tyler's class for an hour. He loves me coming to his school and I just adore his smile when he see's me come into his room. It confirms why I stay at home at this point in my life. After working there, I head back to pick up Jaelyn and her friend from school. Take off to pick up the hardware to the bunk bed that WAS NOT in the box yesterday. Rushed back to the base to pick up Chelsea and G from school......whew I am pooped just typing it all! Then after all that I...ME, no on else, put the bunk bed together......ALL by myself!!! I was so proud of myself!! So that was most of my day!
Jaelyn's twin friend's and their mom Susan came over for dinner tonight. We had pizza again, which was fine with G. He say's he loves pizza. Well he will fit right into this family cause pizza is a favorite of ours! I also talked to G's social worker today and got the news that it might not be possible for him to go to Georgia. I was really sad and upset about this, but it's the way it goes. I guess his mom has a say so in the whole thing. So, his social worker called his mom's lawyer and his mom to see if she will agree to it. We are just waiting for their ok and the judge to grant the ok too. Today I had to have a talk with G about some of the things he is saying. Not bad language, just some things he mentions that shouldn't be said by a 12 year old. I took him aside alone and told him that I know he has been exposed to alot, and at a young age, but my children have not. It is a long story and not bad at all, but I just wanted him to be aware of some boundries on how we talk in our house. He was very understanding and has toned it down alot. After the twins left and the pizza was gone, we all sat down as a family and watched Deck the Halls.... I think that is what it is called. It was a cute movie, some parts were not so good for a PG movie, but other than that it was really good. I think G enjoyed having the Family time together. He kept asking all afternoon when we were going to have Family night, it was really cute.
So to end my thoughts for today, I am going to end with a prayer request once again. I just pray that some how and some way we are able to take G with us for Thanksgiving. He is so excited about flying for the first time and I just would love full fill that dream of his. I pray that his mother would do what's best for G and allow him to enjoy Thanksgiving with us. I want what's best for G and if it's the Lord's WIll, I pray for it to happen.
Again I am just so grateful for all that I have, my family, friends, and a wonderful Husband. I am so blessed to have the great man I have as a husband. I am not sure how I got him or that I deserve him sometimes, but I love him with all my heart and couldn't imagine my life without him. Thank you Lord for the grace and Mercy you have given me and I pray that I am able to show that to everyone around me....most of all to G.

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

brandy i love reading about your journey, keep up the blogging! it's so inspiring. :) you have such a HUGE heart. i cannot wait to meet you in january!!!!! even if it is only for a short lunch. :)

are you allowed to post pics of G? i'd love to see what he looks like, of course i understand if you cannot. i would feel a little reluctant to do that also.

you guys have a wonderful weekend, i will pray G gets to go to GA for Thanksgiving. i'll pray for his mom to have peace about it.

love,
melissa

Elizabeth said...

Hi Brandy...I'm Melissa's sister. I think this is an awesome task that you and your family are taking on! Praise the Lord that there are people out there like you guys! I will be praying for God's will in your Thanksgiving trip! This will be a great journey for you all!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth