CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Our First night together...

Well, tonight was our first night together and it went really well. I was surprised at how quickly and easily CPS turned him over to me. We met at the gate, went over a few papers, and I took G home with me! It was pretty simple. My case worker is coming tomorrow to do the rest of the paper work, which will be more complicated of course.
So we had Pizza tonight cause I wasn't sure what kind of food G liked, turns out he likes about anything! I was happy to hear that after having years of my picky family. We sat down at the dinner table as a family of SIX and had a nice time just chatting and still getting to know each other. After dinner, G and I unpacked his things so we could see what kind of clothes he needs. Sadly, he doesn't have much. I think this weekend we will take him shopping for some new clothes! He seemed excited about that! It will be busy around here the next few weeks. Tomorrow I am picking up the bunk beds for the girls and meeting with our case worker, which will take most of the day. Then it just gets busier from there. Luckily my school work load is light since we are towards the end of the semster, so I can focus more on the things going on around here with G.
I wish I could write that this night was the most perfect night ever, but in all reality it was a little awkward. Here is a 12 year old boy that hasn't really had a stable environment or a great start in life and now he is all of the sudden a part of our family. I felt bad for him tonight as I said goodnight to him cause I was trying to put myself in his shoes. I am sure he wishes deep down in his heart that he was saying goodnight to his own mother and father. That he was in his own home, with his own bed, and his own room. How sad, why didn't this mother fight to give this boy everything she could? Tyler asked how long G would be staying with us and G answered "As long as it takes" He wants his mom. It breaks my heart to see the pain in his eyes, he has had a life full of disappointments and all by the person he is suppose to trust the most in life...
Tonight I am closing with a prayer for G. I pray that he finds joy and happiness here, even if it's a temporary stay here. I pray for his mother out there, that she would some how get a wake up call and realize that she has this wonderful little boy here so desperate for her love. I pray that the Lord gives me the words and love to comfort this child while he sits and waits patiently for his family to reunite. Thank you Lord, for all that you have done in our lives and all that you are going to do.
In Jesus's name....

Amen.

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Oh my gosh! I feel horrible, I haven't read your blog in a week and you have SUCH great news!!!

My heart was so happy to hear that you got a foster child. God put this 12 yr old boy into your lives for a purpose, it is crystal CLEAR. How amazing!

You truly inspire me, in so many ways. You're a wonderful mom Brandy. Just wonderful! I am sure G will come to know that and be thankful for the time with your family, whether short or long term.

You take care and I look forward to reading more about it!

Love ya
Melissa

Anonymous said...

This made tears come to my eyes Brandy. I cannot imagine that feeling. The awkwardness will wear off in no time. I am just so thankful that he is in a home that will tell him about Jesus and that He has the most special plan for His life and that He is NO MISTAKE! He has gifts and talents that no one else has.
Sometimes no words even have to be said. A smile, a hug goes a long long long way! And we know that Jesus said the greatest gift of all is just plain LOVE. I know you have plenty of that to give. I really hope you keep up your journal so we can know specific prayer requests for this sweet boy.
I thought of you all day today. Did he already start school?
Cheryl