CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Travel granted, packing, and lots of stories...

Things are going well around here! It has been busy as always, but as I read others' blog "busy" is a common word used by many!! I am sure the time of year has something to do with it too.
G is doing very well. Still adjusting to our rules and home, but he seems to fit in really well. Tuesday he was suppose to have Therapy and a phone conversation with his dad, but neither one of them happened. G didn't seem too upset about missing the phone conversation (at his SW office), but I was very upset about him not getting picked up for therapy! Not to be a complainer and I am new at this, but EVERY child in the FC system should be in therapy!! I called his sw and let her know as she was unaware that he didn't get picked up for therapy. Now we are waiting to start up the week after Thanksgiving. G has been in fc since March/April....this should NOT just be getting started. It is very obvious that he has anger issues, who wouldn't in his shoes? So I am going to do everything in my power to be sure this child gets all the services he needs and therapy is ONE of them! That is what my job is and if I have to call his sw everyday, then that's what I will do until it happens. Ok. So I feel better now that I got that off of my chest.
It is funny sitting here right now listening to the kids in the dining room playing the game "Life". They are cracking me up! I told them that they can't have kids because they are too young, so whenever one of them lands on having a kid, they come running in here to inform me! Steve and G made brownies this afternoon (did you know my husband likes to bake?) so when they are done playing we are going to make Brownie Sundaes!! YUMMY! Yes, it is not healthy, but right now I am not one bit worried about being healthy until after Thanksgiving...
So Thursday the courts granted G permission to travel with us!Yeah! It looks like we MIGHT be trying to fly out Monday afternoon. We will fly into Charleston, SC and then drive on to Savannah. My mom is actually going to come and pick us up to save us on the car rental. It's only 2 1/2 hours from Savannah, so it's not that long of a drive for her. So today we did lots of laundry and G packed his stuff first thing this morning. He is cracking us up about the flying thing. He said he hasn't ever been out of California before either. I told him that we would take LOTS of pictures of him and we can scrapbook it when we get back home. He liked that idea and said he could show his mom when he sees her next time. I thought that was sweet.
So on to my next subject in the title...stories. This is what G is so full of. I don't even know what is real or not? I am not even sure he knows what is real or fantasy? He has lots of stories about his family and I think he wants us to believe or think that he family is normal like the rest of the world. I just let him tell his stories and nod my head. I know it has to be hard for him right now, not only the being in fc, but during his tweens!! How horrible. I know Chelsea struggles with school and her social life and she has a normal family life. (ok so we aren't REALLY normal, but close enough right?)
Well, this will probably be my last post until we get to Savannah. I am excited to see my mom and sister, but even more to see my nephew Dillon! I haven't seen him in over a year! I talk to him on the phone all the time, but haven't got to see him! It is hard being away from family sometimes! I sure do get homesick around this time of the year. Thank goodness we will get to go and see family. It will be pretty crazy at my mom's house. We are use to craziness though. She has a good size house, but there will still be alot of people in it. Mostly kids!! My grandma is flying in too, so this will be a great chance to spend some good quality time together and I am not sure when it wil happen again.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I hear of so many people decorating already for Christmas and I am jealous. As SOON as we get back, my tree is UP! I love decorating for CHristmas and the way my house looks, inside and out.
Please keep us in your prayers as we travel. Keep G in your prayers as this will be his first time flying. Also, pray that we get back by next weekend due to my school. I can't miss anymore school.
Thank you Lord for all of the blessing you have bestowed upon me. Thank you for your Mercy and Grace. Please give us traveling mercies and as we go on our Journey to Georgia!
In Jesus' name we pray...
Amen

3 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

great update brandy! praying for your traveling mercies!! glad things are going well, you are such a great mom. i admire you.

love
melissa

Elizabeth said...

That's awesome that you guys get to go home for the holidays! I know you will all have such a great time! I will be praying for a safe trip and for G! It has to be so hard to be in his shoes right now....God will take care of him though!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh Brandy! What an answer to prayer that "G" is able to travel and you are able to go see your family and your grandma. I believe ALL of this is God's PERFECT TIMING! God already knew all of this was going to happen. There is a purpose for you going. I believe this with all of my heart. Look for some miracles while you are going and while you are there because they are going to happen. I just feel it. I will be nonstop praying for you Brandy and your whole family and for "G".
BLESS YOU for DILEGENTLY seeking out therapy for "G". Yes, he needs it and you are the one to persevere and make sure that happens! Bless his heart!
I just love hearing about your family times and I could just see them playing the game and the brownies being made! Things that "G" never gets to experience, the love of just good ole family times. What life is all about.
(ALso wanted to say I LOVE how you end your blog posts in prayer) LOVE THAT! You have come so far spiritually Brandy it is the most awesome thing how the Lord has matured you over the past years. How your heart is just tender at everything that has to do with serving the Lord with your whole heart. You have definitely surrendered all! HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!
And may the joys and blessings of family time be yours this Thanksgiving Season as we stop to remember and thank the Lord for all he has given us!
Cheryl