CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Just another day...

So this morning was a little different...I had FOUR kids to get ready.Luckily two of them can pretty much do everything themselves and Tyler is getting better. It was actually pretty fun getting everyone up and coordinating everyone's schedule together. I hope every morning is as easy as today!! Yeah right!
Tomorrow Chelsea and G get out of school early for Parent teacher conferences. Steve will come home and take G to get a Military ID card. G is pretty excited about this. The ID card is what will get him on the plane with us for Thanksgiving. We have pretty much decided that we are going as long as there are flights leaving out of here during that time. G is soooooo excited about flying. I will have to take pictures and make a little scrapbook of his first time flying. It will be so much fun for him too because he will be on a military plane,which will be interesting because who knows what we will fly on(hopefully a C-5 that has seats!!! Actually I wouldn't mind a different plane because I would like G to see out the little windows. Steve mentioned telling the crew that it is his first time flying and hopefully they will take him up to the cock-pit and stuff.
Nothing really exciting to talk about today. Just getting use to each other and meeting with our Social worker. We have more paper work to do, but nothing major. Steve is going tomorrow to sign up for a Hunting Lottery thing and then hunting on Saturday, so it will be mostly just me and the kids this weekend. I think tomorrow I am going to see what is playing at the movies here on base and take them all to the movies. Other than that it will be a relaxing weekend with shopping here and there. G needs some new clothes, so we will probably hit some stores.
I need to get to bed. I am so pooped from an exhausting day today. Talking with my Social worker today made me feel better about feeling so badly for G last night. She told me that at this point right now he is probably way safer and happier to be going to bed here than in his home at this point. So when I look at it like that, it made me feel less sad. I know he is a strong little boy and he has been given a good chance to have a normal life hopefully. He totally enjoys having Chelsea, Tyler, and Jaelyn to play with. They all actually get along really well. I hope and pray that it continues throughout his time here.
Tonight my prayer is going to be for our adjustment time. Who knows how long it might take, it may take a month or possibly two? Nobody knows, but I just pray that during this time G gets comfortable with us to hopefully bond. I pray that during this time of adjustment that Chelsea, Tyler, and Jaelyn don't feel any kind of jealousy, neglect, or ill feelings towards G. This is going to be a tough thing and I am ready for it. I know that I can do anything as long as I have my Lord on my side. Through this, I pray that I continue to strengthen my Faith and grow closer to the Lord.
I just want to end with a Praise. Thank you Jesus for my beautiful family...family of six tonight. I pray a hedge of protection over my family and that you be with my children and husband as we all go our seperate ways tomorrow. Thank you again for all that you have done and all that you are going to do. I give you all the praise, Glory, and honor. In Jesus' name we pray.....
Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you during this transition. I love reading your thoughts Brandy. Keep posting. I want to hear all about everything. You can print this all out someday and have it to go back and read your thoughts. Just like doing your journal everyday, only online. I hope everything works out for Thanksgiving. That sounds like so much fun for everyone!
Cheryl

Brandy's Adventure said...

That's what I decided to do was just journal my thoughts. I think it will be neat to have and look back on like you said. I am praying that Thanksgiving works out too! It will be fun for my family to meet G. He is really excited about flying on a plane. Hope you are feeling well and taking care of yourself. I am praying for you!
Brandy

Mindy said...

Well I just repsond to all of these posts in one! First of all I am SO SO excited for you! G sounds like a wonderful boy and I am sure he will be a great addition to an already great family! What a lucky boy to be with you guys..but I know how it is and you feel like YOU are the lucky ones...so true. I really hope that going to GA works out and that he will get his first plane ride...that will be a wonderful experience for him I am sure! I really hope I get to meet him sometime! I will pray that everyone adjusts well. I know people often think it's just the child adjusting but it's not, it's the entire family and it can be a hard thing to get used to for kids. Alec still has a hard time sometimes...but everyone will adjust and you will get into a routine and before you know it you will be in the full swing of things and you will forget about how life was before he came. You know? I love that you are updating the blog more...I love reading about it and hearing how it goes. I hope you guys can have a great weekend and that you can go see that movie.
Hugs for your long lost SIL
Min