CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Where do I even begin???

Ok...boy it has been a long time since I have posted on here. I don't even know where to begin. I have been such a slacker on here lately. I do check out blogs, but just don't have time to post. Well, I am back now and I have LOTS to say!!! We went a few weeks ago to the Pumpkin patch with the kids at our usual Train Museum. We ride one of the old trains down to the Pumpkin patch. They have a huge hay castle, hay rides, food, and music. It is a lot of fun. Although I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed this year at all. IF we are here next year, we might find another place to go.
So things at School are going really good. I am still getting A's in my classes. I am really tired of school already and ready for the semester to be over. Only about five more weeks.....YEAH!!
We are getting ready to leave in a couple of weeks for my mom's house for Thanksgiving...well maybe. I will talk more about that in a minute.
Last week I had a rough week. I was questioning whether we made the right choice about taking on Foster care. It has been since July and we haven't heard a word from our Agency. No child, no nothing. So, I talked to my grandma last Tuesday and decided that I was going to change my house back to the way it was. I moved Jaelyn out of Chelsea's room and put her back in with Tyler. Moved her into the bunk beds, moved her two dressers and closet full of clothes. I told my grandma that I had a gut feeling as soon as I did this, the phone would ring from my agency, but I did it anyways. Well guess what??? The phone rang....and our lives haven't been the same since...well last week...but you get my point. Yes, we got a phone call for a placement. Before I give more details, I have to first say that this IS totally a GOD thing! They called to see if we would be willing to take this boy cause they needed a placement for him. We agreed for a pre-placement visit to see if he would fit into our home or not. Well, the visit happened today with his social worker and ours from our agency and he REALLY wants to move in here. He didn't even want to leave here tonight at all. So the catch is, he is 12. This isn't even the age we were considering at all. We have a 12 year old GIRL- our daughter in our home, so older boys weren't even in the picture. After the call last week, lots and lots of talks between me and Steve and us and the kids, we decided we could make this work. After I talked with all the social workers involved to check into his history (my first priority is to protect my children), we decided that we will give it a shot. Well, it didn't become official until today when he came to visit us. Since he is 12 he has a big say so in if he would like to live here or not. He sat with us for a couple of hours, played basketball out front with Steve and Chelsea for a while, and shared alot about himself ..... and chose to live with us. Can I even begin to tell you what a wreck I was all day? From the moment I got the call last week, I have been praying for the Lord to give me the wisdom to make the choice for what is right for me, my husband, and my kids and I feel this is right. I also have been praying for the Lord to guide me in how to act, what to say, everything today and BOY did he deliver. Once G (I want to keep his name private for now) got here today, I wasn't nervous a bit and the words just came to me! So this is our BIG news!! How exciting to be on a new adventure!! Please keep us in your prayers this week. He is moving in THIS WEEK!!! It is going to be different around here and I am thrilled. I am not sure if we will be able to get him on the military plane or not cause he is not on Steve's orders, so that is why I am not sure if we will be going to Ga or not for sure yet. Hopefully Steve will find out more answers tomorrow. SO again please keep us in your prayers as we go through this BIG change this week, pray that we get to take G with us to Ga for Thanksgiving. He said tonight that he has NEVER been on a plane before and would love to!
I just want to end with a big SHOUT OUT to my awesome Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ for giving me strength, the words today, giving me my awesome family and Church family, and the strength and will to do His WIll in my life.
I will end with a whole bunch of pictures totally out of order!! ENJOY!!!
The Ousley Clan... for now....
Jaelyn talking on the phone and Chelsea translating for her.

My CRAZY husband playing base guitar on Sunday morning. Many people didn't even know who that was up on the stage...wonder why?
Jaelyn in her Halloween outfit. She looked so adorable and had a blast at our Church Fall Festival.
Our pumpkin carving contest...who do you think is the scariest? We had a good time carving them this year. Steve and Tyler were a team, Jaelyn and I were a team, and CHelsea had her own thing going on! I think me and Jaelyn won!
Here they are proudly standing behind their pumpkins.
Jaelyn hanging out while the kids are in school.
Tyler in his costume. The kids had such a great time this year. I think they had more fun passing out the candy then they did trick or treating.
Tyler trying to be like his daddy....doesn't take much.....
Jaelyn decorating her cookie at the Fall festival. They had a blast.
Jaelyn playing ring-toss. This was her favorite games besides fishing.
Does this face look like an innocent face??
Who do you think she looks like??
My little show-off...isn't she cute?
Sorry I posted this picture twice....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to click on that picture of Steve!!!!! I think there is a picture like that of Kris isn't there? I am sure I have seen a picture like that of him?? So funny those Ousley boys!!!!!!

Who does Jaelyn look like? I really think she is such a mix of you and Steve. Who do you think she looks like? Her and Tyler look ALOT alike too!

I loved all of the pictures Brandy. I know it must take awhile to update and put pictures on here, but know that I am thankful that you do. I think others look at your blog, but remain anonomyous and don't comment. Regardless, please don't stop posting!!!!!!!!
In just the time since you last posted pics, I swear the kids have grown again! That is why!