CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Backwards, Forward, and Sideways.....

This is the different ways we rode on the planes the past week! It was interesting. On the C-5 we rode backwards, on the KC-10 we rode forward, and on the C-17 we rode sideways in the plane!!!

So G did very well on his first flight. I felt bad for him cause he really didn't know what to expect and didn't know anything about traveling....well now he does! He had a great time. On the flight up to New Jersey I asked the crew if G could go and check out the cockpit before we took off and he asked G if he would like to sit in the cockpit for take-off! We had to explain to G what the cockpit even was! He rode up there with the pilots for take off and half of the flight, then Chelsea switched with him and rode in the cockpit for half the flight and landing. They were both excited about it and couldn't stop talking about it. We were very lucky hopping this time and met some very nice people. We actually had a retired gentlemen compliment how well behaved our children were! I will take the compliments when I can get them!

We had a great time with my mom and family for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of people staying in one house, but it worked out great. We got into Savannah on Tuesday and left there Friday. We flew up to New Jersey on Friday and stayed until Saturday night. We weren't suppose to fly out until late tonight (Sunday) but they had a change in flights and PRAISE GOD the airport actually contacted us to let us know or else we would have showed up on Sunday for the flight and it would have already have left and we would have been stuck!! It's a long story, but luckily a guy working there knew we were trying to get home to Travis and called our hotel for them to give us the message to get up to the airport quickly. We had our bags packed and checked out within 20 minutes (with four kids).
So we are home now. I am so exhausted that I can barely type anymore. I did get enough energy to put up the tree with the kids and decorate the inside of the house. Tomorrow we will work on the outside.
I am only running on about two hours of sleep, so I need to get to bed. Sorry there aren't more pics, but most of them have G in them and I can't post them on here. I was so glad that we were able to have him come along with us. He sure did enjoy the trip!
I can't end my post without a prayer...Thank you Jesus for working out all the details in our travels. I thank you for trusting us with this precious child G. He is such a great kid and I just lift him up to you tonight Lord. I thank you for your traveling mercies and give you all the Praise. Thank you for my beautiful family Lord. I don't know what I would do without them. I want to thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do. Most of all I want to thank You for dying on the cross for me, to save me, a sinner.......that is what I am most thankful for.....
In Jesus' name we pray....
Amen

This was our first flight on a C-5. It took us 4 /2 hours to get from Travis to Charleston, SC. This is the largest aircraft in the Air Force. It is sooo huge and doesn't look like it should be flying up in the sky! I was so scared the first time I flew in this plane caue I just knew it was too big to be flying! I wasn't too thrilled on this flight because we were facing backwards and it felt like we were riding waves or something. I thought I was going to get sick the whole way to CHarleston. OH well....can't complain it's free!!! And we made it there safely!
This is our second flight.. a KC-10. This was our best MILITARY flight EVER!! I was so happy on this flight because it was a short flight,1 hour and 15 minutes, from Charleston, South Carolina to NJ, but also because it was a smooth flight and nice seats.

This is a C-17 we flew on from McGuire, New Jersey to Travis. It was a 6 hour flight! It was an interesting flight. I was just happy to be on a flight home, so nothing else really mattered to me. We sat in seats along the side of the aircraft, which were NOT comfortable at all though...
My Mom and me... with Dillon and Jaelyn by our sides.
My cute little niece Ava! Isn't she a cutie? I had the best time holding her and playing with her! I sure miss having a baby sometimes.......but I LOVE the age my children are right now. It is fun watching them grow up.


My mom and Molson resting after a long day's work in the kitchen. We cooked alot of food.

Matt, Elissa (my sister), My grandma, me, and Steve
One of my favorite pics from the trip...
My crazy son doing this pose. He is so funny and just like his father....









3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow Brandy...looks like you guys really had a great time! I am so thankful that you got home when you needed to even though it was a rush rush situation...I'm glad it all worked out! I'm also happy that G had such a good time...he deserves it!
I pray that God is working on his little heart through you and your family everyday and that if he hasn't already that he will come to know Christ as his Lord and Savior soon!
That is awesome that you guys get to fly for free...even if it is stand-by...I have flown stand-by a few times and it is very nerve wracking to me but it has always worked out!
Can't wait to see pictures of your christmas decor!
God Bless,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures Brandy. I was so happy to hear you made it home. I was praying for you guys and thinking of "G". This was a wonderful post and I can see why the one you say is your "favorite picture" is just that! It is so special and you all look FABULOUS! Geesh,your mom is beautiful!
Sounds like everything just went perfect and was just a wonderful time for all of you. Treasured memories for sure!
Have fun getting ready for the Christmas season. With church, school and the kids I am sure you are going to be very busy but I know you are enjoying the ages of the kids and having "G" and that this will be a very special Christmas for all of you.
Hugs from OHIO!
Cheryl

Melissa De Mers said...

i was so excited to see pictures on your blog and an update of course! i was hoping that you would get back in time, i knew you had school!!

the kids look like they had a lot of fun and i bet they did playing with their little cousins and that pretty doggy! i bet your mom loved seeing everyone too and getting to meet G!

i hope you get to post pics of him soon too. i'm praying and thinking of you guys always - especially with G. what a GREAT influence your family has on his little life. what wonderful memories. praying for his mom too.

take care Brandy! i'm still excited i get to meet you in Jan! :) i think i know what hotel you are staying in. we could probably go to the Cheesecake Factory...do you like the Cheesecake Factory???

love,
melissa