CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Steve

Me and my handsome husband!!!

I just had to get on here really quick and say "Happy Birthday" to my wonderful husband, whom I love with all my heart! He is the best husband in the whole wide world. We are going to go on a "date" Sunday for his birthday cause I pre purchased tickets to see "I am Legend" with Will Smith. It looks scary and I told Steve he can take anyone he wants with him. He said he wants me to go but knows how I am with scary movies. I am going with him of course, but might spend most of the movie hiding my eyes. Yes! I am that big of baby. I just don't like those Sci-Fi movies that "could" come true. Some can be really scary. I will let you know how it is. I am a HUGE Will Smith fan!!!
I was listening to the radio tonight and a song came on "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and they had people talking from Iraq during the song saying "hi" to their families and children saying "hi" to their fathers or mothers in Iraq. It was the saddest and most humbling thing I have ever heard....it really humbled me. I am so grateful that I have my husband here with us for Christmas this year and my heart just goes out to those families that are away from their loved ones during the Holiday season. My girlfriend here on base has five children and her huband is in Iraq right now. Luckily she has family close to be with during the Holiday season, but it's still not the same.

Please keep all those men and women in your prayers that are away from their families not just during the Holiday's but always. I know from Steve that it doesn't even seem like Christmas when they are over there, that has to be rough. Our second Christmas in our marriage, Steve had to go to Saudi Arabia. It was the worst Christmas ever, but more so for him. I hated every minute of it. There are many things that you can do to help during the Holiday seasons that goes towards our men and women in the Military, then I suggest to do it. Whether it's sending a card or even buying a Calling card, please do what you can. I know whatever it is, it will be greatly appreciated.
On a side note, G had a GREAT visit with his grandma and Uncle. Guess what? His mom even showed up! He was so happy that he cried cause he didn't bring her a present. I told him that it wasn't his fault because he didn't know that she was going to be there. So we are going to make sure to get her a gift for his next visit, which I think is suppose to be next week. I really pray that she sticks to her word. This poor boys whole life has been full of disappointment and I don't want him to have anymore than he already has.
Thank you Lord for protecting our men and women each day. I thank you for a great visit for G and his family. He was so excited Lord to see his mom yesterday that it just brought joy to my heart to hear him so happy. I just pray for G's mother Lord, she needs you and so does his family. I pray that you give me the wisdom and the words to minister to this family. I thank you for bringing G into our life right now, especially during the Holiday's so we can show him the true meaning of Christmas. Please be with those who are far away from their families serving our Country Lord. I just pray a hedge of protection around them. Thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do.
In Jesus' name we pray.....
Amen

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Steve! I think we are going to go see that movie sometime too...I'm not into Sci-Fi but it looked good so we'll see!
That is awesome about G's visit! Praise the Lord! Hopefully things will continue to look up for him!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth

Melissa De Mers said...

Ohhh happy belated bday Steve!

I hope you have fun at the movie, I haven't seen previews for that - but it sounds cool!

I'm so glad G's mom came, what a BLESSING for him. That's great, i pray she continues to be in his life. i know how hard it can be when a parent doesn't want anything to do w/you and you so desperately WANT them in your life. hard times!

love ya

Melissa De Mers said...

THANKS for the christmas Ecard today, it was sweet! Yeay now I know what G looks like! He's a cute kid. Blessed to have your family in his life!

Mindy said...

Happy belated Birthday Steve!! Hope you guys are good out there..we are braving the snow here. Loved the e-card...you guys make a big, beautiful family:-) Look for my package...I mailed it Friday so it should be there soon!
Hugs