CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A little Pampering...

So this week has been a busy and crazy week as always! I was trying to enjoy my last week before I head back to school this next week. I will be in school on Tuesday, Wed, and Thurs nights this semester. Luckily, I found out that I won't have to go every Thursday night! It is an online class too! I am happy about that one. Don't get me wrong I love school, but with Steve leaving it will be much easier to be gone only two nights a week! He leaves on the 16th of Feb and my grandma flies in that same day! Did I mention before that my grandma is coming out here while Steve is gone? I can't always remember what I blog! Yes, she is coming out here with a one way ticket in case she wants to leave before the six weeks is up! I truly won't blame her if she choses to leave early. So, I have some exciting projects planned out for her and I while she is here. We are going to have a good time together and she will keep me company while Steve is gone!
Anyways, this week I have lost NINE pounds! That was as of WEd, which is not my weigh in day! Hopefully I will have lost another pound by Monday! Since I have been working out so hard and eating healthier, I decided to treat myself a little. Wed. I went and had my hair done, which was needed so desperatly! I mean DESPERATLY! With three kids (now four) I am always last to get taken care of! I LOVE my new hairstyle! It looks great and I love my hairdresser. His name is Erasmo and he is awesome! Then today I go and get my nails done and while I am there I decide to get my eyebrows waxed! I hate plucking them by the way. As I was getting my eyebrows plucked, memories came flowing back of the first time I had them done. We lived in the Azores and my girlfriends all convinced me to go with them to Praia to get them done. It was about four of us and we all payed 4 Euros to get our eyebrows done. I was laughing thinking of what a site we probably were. Four American gals walking down a cobblestone road with BRIGHT RED eyebrows! I miss the Azores when I think of moments like these. I had some great friends and great times while we lived there.
One last thing before I go! I have to make this quick. This week Chelsea was diagnosed with ADD. We started her this morning on her medication and we are praying that this is the proper diagnosis. I drug my feet on this for so long due to it being so overly diagnosed. I am going to blog about it more tomorrow or Monday because I want to take a whole post to talk about it. Please pray for us as we go through this time of trasition. It has made me look at Chelsea in a whole new light. I know that sounds funny, but like I said I will explain more later....
Lord, I just want to thank You. Thank you for blessing me with the means to be able to take a little time to myself. I don't take this for granted one bit and appreciate everything I am able to do. I am so grateful for the family I have and thank You for that blessing. Thank You for my wonderful husband Lord. I am so grateful that you put him in my path each and every day. I don't even want to think about where I would be today if I hadn't met Steve.
Please be with the Church tomorrow as we have our Annual Meeting and make some big decisions as a Church. I want to always give you all the praise and the Glory!

In Jesus' name we pray....
Amen

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the 9 pound loss!!!! That is so awesome when you step on the scale and keep seeing those numbers go down!
I am so happy for you that you got to spend some much needed time on your self! I want to see a picture of the new do!
I will definiately be praying for Chelsea...we all know the Lord hears our prayers!
I will also be praying for your husband and your grandma to have safe traveling! And I know that since all of this is going on YOU will need some prayer too...you are not forgotten!
God bless you!!!

Melissa De Mers said...

wow congrats on the weight loss brandy!! i'm so proud of you!

i am so tired and my brain is just exhausted...but i can't wait to meet you on friday!!!

i'll be sending up prayers for you - for Steve, for Chelsea, for your Grandma, for you & traveling mercies!

i can't wait to read the post about chelsea. it seems a lot of kids have ADD these days. you are right, i think it's definitely over diagnosed. praying for her!

love ya
mel

Anonymous said...

Hi Bran!
Wow, I have finally figured out how to send you a message! Now, you can email me your response, since you can't get my emails anymore. Can't wait to hear more about Chelsea. She is such a good girl and a great help, she needs to feel needed. And since you are seeing her in a whole "new light", I'm sure this will bring you closer together!! Have fun in LA, don't forget to email pics of what a fun time I am missing!! Amy

Anonymous said...

Brandy,

I noticed the new picture of you at the top of your blog right away. Love it! Glad you are pampering yourself! YOU SO DESERVE IT GIRL! Not sure about the waxed eyebrows? OUCH! Never had that done before but it made me cringe. It just seems painful! hehehe!
9 POUNDS! WHOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS! I am running right behind you! Let's keep going! I love Weight Watchers. I am not following that, but I think it is the best plan out there. For me I have to watch carbs and sugar for my diet restrictions. Everything I love has carbs so it is hard! But in the long run it will be worth it.
Hey, does Steve leave Feb 15th for training or for Iraq? Brandy, I didn't realize he was leaving so soon. I am so glad your grandma is coming out there and no I never knew she was. I don't think you mentioned that before on your blog? If you did I missed that.
How nice it will be for her to be there and good for the kids to have grandma there too. Do you know how long Steve may be gone?
I am praying for your church situation too. I really pray Brandy that things work out and the church can stay where it is. It sounds like you all have worked so hard to have it thrive where it is. The Lord's ways are higher than ours though and we know that He knows what is ahead and what is best. I just hope for you all that it is where it is now. I know how much your church means to you because I can tell by what you have to say about it and the work you have put into it.
Keep us posted on what is going on or any special prayer requests.
Have fun at your meeting you are going to or is it like a rally? Take lots of pictures and I wish I could meet Melissa in person! I am so envious! I have loved her heart from the time I first met her online. She is so real and authentic and I just would love to meet her! Maybe someday. So have a wonderful time and take pictures! Do you get to meet Haylee too? What a doll she is.
OH...and about Chelsea, I don't know anything about ADD but it sounds like you agreed to her diagnosis.
Hugs and I will pray for your safe traveling to and from your rally (meeting)
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandy, just checked your blog, now I feel updated on what is going on with you. It can be hard to chat with kids in the background always. Glad things are going good right now. Let me know when you are leaving, if you want to do racquetball again on sat or if you want to run? I need to get my butt in gear, so I need to run off that fat! Plus I have a wonderful story to tell you about the chaotic day I had the other day! see ya soon, Shannon