CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thanks for all your prayers...

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers for my family. Here is the scoop....on the way home from LA my sister called to tell me that my grandma is in the hospital. The previous night (nobody called me) she had just arrived home from Atlanta visiting my cousin, she was carrying a piece of luggage up her front porch and something popped in her knee. It was a painful painful pop and made her go crashing down her cement steps to the ground. She banged up her elbow and head from what she says, but the worst is her knee. She had to sit in the snow and wait for parmedics to take her to the hospital. She was admitted Saturday night and I found out about it Sunday afternoon. The doctor said he had to do surgery, but an x-ray showed there was still fluid in her lungs from the pnemonia (sp) that she had a month or so ago. They worked to clear her lungs Sunday and scheduled surgery for Tuesday morning. Tuesday came and she still wasn't in the clear. Finally today at 3:30 pm she made it through surgery. I talked to her after the surgery and she seems fine. She hadn't spoke to the doctor at the point to find out how badly she injured her knee. Previous to the surgery the doctor already told her that she would be in a cast from her hip to her foot for at least four weeks.
These are the moments I literally hate being far away. You can't even imagine what it's like to be helpless thousands of miles away from home. I want to be there and helping take care of my grandma and it isn't possible. I felt this way once before when my sister Holly went into labor with my nephew Tristian at 26 weeks! At that time I was all the way in England. It is the worst and most helpless feeling ever.
My grandma is going to have a long recovery, but praise the Lord she is going to be fine. I worry about her recovery and am working on seeing if she can make the flight out here at all so I can help take care of her.
Funny in at my convention on Saturday, one of the speakers said, "You are always either going into a crisis, in a crisis, or coming out of crisis." How true is this?
As you read in an earlier post my grandma was coming out here while Steve is in Texas to take care of the kids while I am in class three nights a week, well that isn't happening. We aren't sure when Grandma can fly, so I had to sadly drop two of my classes on Tuesday. This was very very hard for me cause if you know me at all, I love going to school. A few people offered to try and help me with the kids so I could go to school, but let's face it, we know life happens. All my friends have kids, husband, or jobs, and it is alot to ask someone to take care of my FOUR kids for about five hours a night. I just can't do it. Also if for some reason I couldn't find someone to take care of the kids and I had to miss school or drop out later, it would affect my GPA and right now I have a GREAT GPA and I am not going to lose it. Steve and I talked long and hard and we know that this is the best choice for me right now. Is it heartbreaking, yes. Is it going to stop me from ever getting my degree, HECK NO! I have plenty of time to accomplish that goal when the time is right. I am keeping my one class, Math, so I will at least feel like I am working towards my degree. I am so close to being done and will be so overjoyed when my graduation day comes.
Again, I want to thank you all for your prayers. I don't have much time right now to post a lot of pictures, but I am going to put a few on here.
Thank you Jesus for taking care of my grandma during her surgery today. I pray that You are sitting there holding her hand since I am unable to Lord. I pray for a peace for my grandma in knowing that she will be ok. I can't find that peace Lord until I know that she knows You and right now she doesn't. I pray that some way or some how I am able to minister to her through this situation. I want to know that I am going to see my grandma in Heaven one day.
Thank you in advance for all that You are going to do.
In Jesus' name we pray...
Amen
Oops...Pics to come in a later post! Sorry!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow...I can really tell how much you love your family through this post! And I also know how hard it is to know that they are not believers...but God will put you or someone in there to show her...I know! I'm sorry that you had to drop 2 classes...but it will be good to stay in there and at least keep the one class going! Honestly I can't imagine loving school that much but I'm glad you do! I'm so happy that you got to meet Melissa! She's the best sister ever!!!!!
Well I will be praying for you and grandma and everthing that is going on!

Anonymous said...

Brandy,

I have so much to say to you, but am on my way out the door for a radiation treatment. I will be back on here later to comment.
I am just so sorry for your Grandma and about school. I will write more later but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Cheryl

Melissa De Mers said...

hi brandy...i am so very sorry about your grandma and that you had to drop your classes. that is heart wrenching and it must've been a really hard decision on you! i wish i lived closer, i would totally help out as much as i could.

just think though, God has something awesome in store for you. you are right, you have plenty of time to complete your courses and it'll happen in His time, not ours.

praying that your grandma has a speedy recovery & thankful she is doing well considering the circumstance.

one thing i really wanted to talk to you about too while you were here was chelsea and the ADD. you said you would post about it, but i know you've been busy. i hope everything is working out for her too.

keep us posted!

love ya girly,
Melissa

Mindy said...

Oh Brandy that is just terrible!!! I am so sorry that this happened to her! I wll keep praying that she heals quickly...and I am SO sorry about having to cancel your classes...I know that had to have been very, very hard for you. :-(

OH...and I tagged you. LOL. Check out my blog for the details and call me to chat whenever you have time.

Elizabeth said...

Brandy, How are you? I know you are SO busy but drop us a line and let us know you are out there! How is grandma? I pray all is going well!
God Bless