CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Still no pictures....

Sorry you are going to have to listen to me ramble on again without any pictures!! I am not sure what is going on with my computer, but hopefully Steve will figure it out soon. I just get too frustrated and give up!

So nothing much is going on here with our family. We have just been hanging out. I am looking forward to the kids going back to school on Monday. It will just be nice to get back into a routine again. They have been doing really well while here at home, but it's good for them to go back too!

Today I got up for the THIRD day in a row (and I am feeling it) and walked for one hour with Samson. Chelsea and G wanted to go with me today, so I woke them up and off we went. G was such a trooper cause I know he wanted to quit half way through, but he hung in there with us. His legs are so much shorter than mine and Chelsea's and we were walking at a fast pace, so he had to go faster just to keep up with us. They were happy they did it though and I am hoping we can go on more walks soon. It won't be anytime soon though cause we have THREE storms coming through here starting tomorrow! I am so excited, we will have heavy rain and high winds rolling in tomorrow afternoon! They are saying the winds could get up to 40mph! Now when we first got here we would have laughed at this, but now that seems pretty windy. Living in the Azores 40mph winds were mild. The Azores always has a pretty good breeze going on. I sure do miss that place sometimes.

G is doing really well. I sit and wonder if I am doing enough for him at times. Like I said previously, it's hard to bond with a 12 year old. He sure does seem to enjoy hanging around me and Steve though, but as for hugs and that kind of connection...well..it just doesn't seem to be there yet. I hug him, but am afraid to hug him too much cause I want it to be on his terms. Just like I don't make him call me mom cause I feel he already has a mom. I guess his previous foster mom makes all her foster kids call her mom. He called there yesterday and I heard him call her mom and I felt such a pain in my heart. Why? He was with her for about six months, so why wouldn't he think of her as a mom. I just think deep down inside that I wish he would WANT to call me mom. I also have been thinking alot about G's future. I should know more later this month because there is a court hearing at the end of January. It is to review his case and I am not sure if they are going to give mom more time to get her act together or call it quits. It's almost been a year that G has been in Foster care. I wonder how long they let this go on? When children are younger they kind of don't understand a time frame, but G does. He knows how long his mom goes missing for, he knows how long it's been since the last time he saw her, he knows how long he has been left in foster care, he knows. I think it makes it that much harder on him. He is just a child, but yet has seen and been through more things than some adults have. I am so happy that he is here. A part of me wants to keep him forever and a part of me believes at this age it would be hard for him to leave his family and he should be with them. I knew starting foster care wouldn't be easy, but I didn't realize how many thoughts would be swarming in my head daily. I love it though and wouldn't trade doing it for the world. This is where the Lord wants me, I know it deep in my heart.

I have been working hard at fine tuning my prayer life. I am actually reading a book called "Teach Me to Pray in28 Days." by Kay Arthur. It is really good so far. I know it sounds corny to read a book on how to pray, but not everyone knows how to pray. I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I did not grow up in Church all my life. My husband (boyfriend at the time) is the one who introduced me to Church. My childhood didn't consist of prayer, church, and tithing. Far from it, so I have to learn all these things. Now don't get me wrong, I have been a Christian for ten years this October, but I still am growing. I know I can never be perfect, but when I get to Heaven and face my Father, I want him to say- "Good job daughter, I see you tried to be the best you could be."


My prayer tonight is to pray for 2008 and our future.
Lord I just want to take this time and lift up or Presidential candidates to You. This next President is going to have some tough struggles ahead of him or her. I just pray that they keep You in all their decisions and remember that You are what this Country was founded on. I thank you for the right to vote and the right to be able to have free speech on what I believe. Thank you for the Mercy and Grace You have given me and my family daily Lord. I am not worthy of what I have been blessed with in my life and I just thank You for that. I just pray for Your Will in our lives as we enter this New Year with hope and joy. I pray for a peace in all decisions that we make this year for our future. I am just so grateful that when "I" am not sure, I can turn to You Lord. I want to thank You in advance for all that You are going to do in this next year. Please watch over our men and women as they are away from their families. I pray a hedge of protection around them as they continue this battle on foreign land.
In Jesus' name we pray...in Your gracious name...

Amen

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

i bet it would be hard to be with your family for 10 yrs and then get yanked out of it and bouncing around from home to home (well for G it's only been one other home other than yours, right?). it hurts my heart to even think of it. i bet he's going through a lot of emotion and he's at the age where he doesn't want to show it. for girls it's different, i'm sure chelsea shows emotion, but for boys...well they are little men and i know men have a harder time showing it.

you seem to be doing a great job, just keep seeking the Lord's advice on it, you're really doing great and i can tell you will make a BIG impression on G's life one day.

hang in there!!

Melissa De Mers said...

yay you figured out how to add the ribbon! it looks great. ;)