CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Birthday Bash!

What a day today! I am so pooped just sitting here typing. Today we had G's birthday party and went very well! We had such a good time at Scandia Family Fun Center! The place was packed due to the wonderful California weather we had today. I think the temp reached 75 today!
G's friends showed up and they headed off to play video games, then we had pizza, then cake and ice cream. After the cake and ice cream we headed over to do the go-carts! Oh my goodness, let me just tell you how much fun this is! I was secretly meant to be a race car driver. We jumped in the cars, Tyler and I were together since he couldn't drive and we were off....poor Tyler! I think I might have traumatized my poor, sweet boy! During one of our laps around the track as I was whooping and hollering cause I was having so much fun, Tyler says "Mommy, please don't crash us!!!" I promised him I wouldn't crash and I kept my promise. My poor boy! We then decided to pass up the putt-putt part due to the crowd and made our way home. We had picked up G's brother and sister to bring them to the party, so we took them back home first. They had a great time. They are the sweetest kids and it just breaks my heart even more.
When we got home, Tyler started acting really really sick. I checked his temp and he is running a fever of 103.8. I feel so bad for my poor little man. He wants so badly to get up and play with the other kids, but can't. G has a friend spending the night tonight and he wants to hang with the boys, but I won't let him cause I don't want everyone getting sick. He is bunking with me tonight so the boys can have the bedroom, so hopefully I don't get sick too! He needs as much "mommy" attention as he can get right now...
I thought I would mention how my weight loss is going! It is going great! I love weight watchers so much. I don't feel deprived at all. My goal starting Monday is to elliminate Mt Dew for good! I think I can do it! I HOPE I can do it! I went almost two weeks without it and then made the mistake of drinking one, that just ruined it all for me right there! I need to stay away from it completly! I am currently down 15.8lbs! I have a goal of about 15 more to go and I will be content, after that it will be all about maintaining it. I think that is the hard part.
The biggest thing about what I am doing is just having a healthier eating habit, that means portion control and adding more fruits and veggies to my diet. I feel so much better about myself not only physically, but emotionally too! It makes a difference all around. I don't feel as tired as I usually do either, which is nice for once.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I just got off the phone with Steve and he is in New Mexico! He has made great progress today and should be at his base in Texas by tomorrow evening. I will be happy when he gets there. I just hope these next six weeks fly by for me! Thanks for all your prayers, keep them coming!
Lord, Thank you for your traveling mercies for Steve today. I know it's hard for him to ride in a car that long distance and You are giving him the endurance to continue this journey. I pray a hedge of protection around him tomorrow as he travels to Texas. Thank you for my wonderful children and giving me the means to provide a wonderful house and family life for G. He is such a good kid and it just melted my heart today to see him laugh and carry on with his friends today at his birthday party! It was just great seeing him be a kid again Lord. So far, this has been the best reward about being a Foster parent...today! I would much rather give then receive anyday. I lift G's family up to you Lord. After spending the day with G and his siblings, I know they should be back together again. I pray for G's mom, that she is able to get her plan done so they can be reunited once again. I pray for wisdom during these next six weeks to make the right choices and decisions as Steve is away. Thank you for all the support we have here in California. I felt it today more than I ever have. I also want to thank you for my sweet friend Susan! She is such a blessing Lord and I just love her and her family like our own family!
I want to always give you the glory and praise that you deserve. Thank you most of all for dying on the cross for me. In Jesus' name we pray...

Amen!

* I just have to add a big THANKS to Susan today! She was such a blessing to me by helping me out with Jaelyn during G's birthday party. Also tonight she offered to drive over here and bring soup and Sprite for my sweet sick boy. Thank you so much Susan for what your family does for my family. I also want to thank you for sharing your wonderful girls with my family! We love you Hannah and Tess!!

1 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

hi brandy! thinking of you and praying for steve as he's on this journey to Texas. please keep us posted on him, he's probably driving as i type this!

i'm glad you guys had fun @ g's bday party. :) such a great family you guys are. i'm sure one day he will appreciate it (more than he prob does now).

i loved the pics in the post below..you have a beautiful family brandy! God bless you!!!

love
melissa