CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Saying Goodbye....

It is amazing, no matter how many times I see my husband off, whether it's at the airport, putting him on a bus, or just watching him drive away...it never gets easy.
Today was a good day. Steve hung out with us this morning and got some last minute things done around here for me. He is the best husband in the world and worries about us more than he lets on. He made sure my van had fluids, got some trash together that needed to go out the curb, changed the air filter in the A/C unit, and all kinds of stuff! Along with getting his own stuff done. I love this man so much.

As I stood in the driveway and watched Steve drive away today, many things went through my head. "How will I ever make it six weeks as a single mom again?" "What will go wrong this time?"....all kinds of things, but I felt a peace and a comfort beyond anything I can describe. It is almost an odd feeling, not being so worried and scared. You see that is usually how I feel when I am alone, I worry about everything and I am scared of what will go wrong while Steve is away, not this time. I just know that I am stronger in my faith and have more confidence in my parenting style, more than I have ever had before. This is a comfort to me in many ways. I know that no matter what I go through, I will come out a better and stronger person.
Thank you all for your many prayers. Steve made it to Edwards AFB in southern California. His brother Kris was actually stationed there years ago. He said it seems like a big base, but can't tell much cause it is dark out. He has another full day of driving ahead of him tomorrow and then again on Sunday. I am leaving him in God's hands as he drives the many miles further and further away from his family.
Tonight again I am asking you for your prayers. The first night alone is usually the hardest. I lie there wondering what Steve is doing (sleeping) and missing him so much. Missing having the comfort of him sleeping beside me, knowing that he will protect us from all the bad things that could happen. Samson usually crawls in bed with me, but it is never the same as Steve.

Lord, I just lift Steve up to you tonight. I pray he gets a good night's sleep, so he can drive safely tomorrow. I want to thank you for the comfort I feel as I am left alone with my children to take care of them. I know that I can do all things through You Lord. Be with Steve as he travels all day tomorrow and keep him safe. I just want to give you all the praise and the Glory Lord no matter what is going on in my life. Please make these next six weeks go by quickly, so I can be together with my husband again and the kids can have their daddy back too.....
In Jesus' name...
Amen
Me and Steve right before he took off.....
A close-up of us....
Ms. Pre-teen Chelsea. It's hard to believe that she is going to be 13 in June!!

My little man...he has the biggest heart ever!
My ray of sunshine!! Steve and I joke now and say that if we had Jaelyn first....there wouldn't be any other children in our home!!
Steve and the girls..
Steve and the kids!
Ms. Jaelyn climbing like a monkey.
This is totally a Steve Jr! He has now lost that crooked tooth and as you can see the adult tooth was pushing it out. This was his third picture because he kept blinking, so this is how he kept his eyes open...so Steve!
Another of Chelsea...




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Brandy,
I will be praying for Steve as he travels and over the next 6 weeks!
I am also praying for you and your children...as you already know the Lord is going to watch over and provide!
In Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh Brandy,
I am thinking of you and praying for you and for Steve and the kids. Can I have your address. It is so exciting to read about your strength that comes from the Lord! He truly is our comforter, our peace, our provider, our protector our strength when we think we can't.
Don't forget to send me your address. Thanks!
HUGS!!!!!!!
Cheryl
p.s. I LOVE all of the pictures you have posted....keep them coming! Chelsea looks beautiful and so grown up. I can't believe Tyler is loosing his teeth and Haylee did too. Alec must be next! Can these kids stop growing up :(

Anonymous said...

Oh Brandy,
I am thinking of you and praying for you and for Steve and the kids. Can I have your address. It is so exciting to read about your strength that comes from the Lord! He truly is our comforter, our peace, our provider, our protector our strength when we think we can't.
Don't forget to send me your address. Thanks!
HUGS!!!!!!!
Cheryl
p.s. I LOVE all of the pictures you have posted....keep them coming! Chelsea looks beautiful and so grown up. I can't believe Tyler is loosing his teeth and Haylee did too. Alec must be next! Can these kids stop growing up :(