CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Doing Well!

Don't I look like I belong in the pit crew??


It has been a busy week! This one is already even busier! Last week we were at the Church EVERY night decorating for VBS this week. It is an awesome "Cars" theme and turned out really well. This year I am heading up the Preschool part of VBS and enjoying it completely. I love the preschoolers and am so blessed to be working with them. Last night I had 12 preschoolers for 2 1/2 hours! 12 is a good number for a smaller Church like ours. I had lots of helpers and great teachers to help get the job done and am very excited about going back tonight. I do have to say that I was sooooo exhausted after getting home last night. I was crazy and decided to head back to the gym yesterday, so I did the elliptical for an HOUR! I felt so good after I finished. I just love working out and find it very very addicting. Well after working out yesterday and then VBS last night, my body was pooped! I crashed hard last night.


Steve is doing great. He is ready to come home already and I am ready for him to come home too. Too bad we have a long long ways to go. We are very blessed and get to talk twice a day and e-mail as much as we want. He doesn't have Internet in his room yet, but I believe they are working on it. That will make it much better so we can IM each other too. He is working six days a week, 12 hour shifts. I feel bad that he has to work so much, but he actually has some down time during work hours. Yesterday was his day off and he got to check out some shops on the base. Hopefully he is scoping out what he wants to get me for my birthday in September! The best part about him being over there is they have gold for VERY cheap. We will probably do the majority of our Christmas shopping over there this year! How fun!


Things are coming together for my preschool. I should be licensed by the end of next week! I can't believe it! I will be a working gal again. That is so exciting for me. Especially to be back in my career field. I have the curriculum already to go and I also found a list of requirements for children starting Kindergarten. I will make sure all the children in my program reach each requirement. I already have my first child enrolled! My neighbor's little girl will be in my class! I can't wait to get started. This will also keep me very busy and pass the time quickly. We all know how Christmas sneaks up on us, so I am looking forward to that this year!


The kids are so excited to be going home for Christmas this year. We haven't seen snow in many many years. I haven't drove in snow in almost TEN years! I am a little nervous I must say. We will probably hop into Delaware or New Jersey and then drive home as we usually do, so I will be praying that there won't be much snow on the ground then! I will just have to wait and see. I also will have to buy the kids some winter gear. We don't have much use for that around here. It will be fun planning for our trip that's for sure!


I will update more after VBS is over. I will post pictures of the whole week there. My kids are having a blast there and love going every night!

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

glad to hear steve made it there safely and it sounds like you guys will get to have QUITE a bit of communication also, which is AWESOME! :)

i think they've come a long way with that...but two phone calls a day, emails whenever and IM...well that sounds amazing.

praying for 6 months to fly by for you! sounds like you will have your hands full and busy that whole time too with your preschool and trip to Ohio in Dec.

i'll be thinking of you! like i said, if you ever want to talk, just call me. :)

love melissa

Elizabeth said...

sounds like your spirits are really upbeat! keep up the good work of getting the pre-school going! I don't know you personally but from what I hear it sounds like you will be SO awesome at it! You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers!
God bless!!
Elizabeth