CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July everyone!

What a busy day we had yesterday! I woke up at 6:30 AM (because of big mouth tootsie) and got busy making cupcakes. I had to hurry up and get them done because I needed my ribs to go in the oven, so I was rushing to get them done. After finally getting the ribs in the oven, I made a cream cheese american flag spread. It was so cute and pretty yummy. I didn't eat much of it though because I was saving room for my banana split cake I made! After spending the morning baking and cooking, we finally headed over to our friends house to spend the day. We had such a great time with all of our friends! We hung out by their pool ALL DAY long. The kids had a blast and so did the adults. All we did was eat and swim all day. Finally about 8:00 we packed up wagons and kids and walked over to the park (in Dixon) to wait for the fireworks. The kids played games and threw balls around, while the adults relaxed. It was a very nice and relaxing day once I got done with all of the preprations!

It was nice to spend the day as a family and just not have any worries at all. We truly have great friends here and enjoy spending time with them.

Today was even better though! We all slept in as a family and for the first time in I don't know how long, Steve and I got to hang out in bed this morning and relax! The kids were so tired from the busy day yesterday and slept in later than us. That is amazing! After finally getting out of bed, we just finished up last minute touches on the house for my inspections next week. I have three of them to get through and it is alot of work getting ready for them. Hopefully by next Tuesday I will be ready for the board to get my license. I will be doing drop-in care until I open next month. I can't believe how close it is to the kids going back to school! This summer is just flying by!



I hope you enjoy all the pictures. We had such a great time yesterday and with Steve leaving, I wanted to get as many pictures as I could. I might be MIA this week due to a hectic schedule and preparing for Steve to leave, but I will be back soon.....



Getting ready to go!

A random picture of Jaelyn last Sunday
A day by the pool during the 4th of July



Chelsea and Daddy
Hanging out by the pool....trying to keep cool.
Tyler not getting out of the pool all day long..

He was like a little fish in the water.
Does this look like a normal teenage look or what?
Waiting patiently for my food!
My crazy, drowing husband. He wanted to be like the kids!
Jaelyn eating some ice cream

Mr. Lifeguard....
Jaelyn loves swimming now too. She just floated around all day long.
Chelsea and Jaelyn
What?
Waiting for the fireworks to start.

Are you talking to me? Now you see where Chelsea gets it from.....
Jaelyn and mommy freezing and waiting....

My cute little handsome boy!
Chelsea and Tessie...
Jaelyn and Tessie.....
The future Mr. and Mrs. Ousley...
Jaelyn and Daddy
The Peet's. These guys are our good friends and we had a blast at their house today!
The Ousley's.
Me and my hubby. Boy am I gonna miss this guy!








1 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

cute pics brandy! i loved them!! :) is G still with your family? i haven't heard much about him?