CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Heat Wave anyone?

So today is our third day of our heatwave we are having and boy is it HOT! It's times like these that I appreciate having an AC. Ours has been running 24/7 the past three days. Today our temps are topping around 110 degrees. Needless to say we haven't been doing much outside the past few days.

Last night we had a group of people over from Steve's work to play "Call of Duty" on PlayStation 3. It was a fun time with pizza, drinks and fun. Steve wanted to hang out with some guys before he goes. I ended up joining in the fun and playing a different game with the guys, but sucked at it. These guys are professionals on there let me tell ya! Oh well, sometimes we do anything to be with our husbands huh?

Well, I only have five more days with my hubby and we have been scrambling to get last minute things done around here. It's the little things you don't really think about until you don't have anyone to help you with them. Moving the washer and dryer to clean behind it, showing your wife how to change the filter in the AC unit, moving the dining room table to make room for the Pre-school table, just little things like that have been going on in our home. Now don't get me wrong these are all things I can do myself, but it is much easier when you have someone to help you do it. Steve is so funny when he gets deployed because he leaves me a list on the computer of what to do if "this" happens. Like "Here's what to do if the Internet quits working", things like that. It really is sweet and does come in handy while he's away. I am almost positive something will break down or die on me while he is away, so I am already mentally prepared for that. About two months into our last deployment both vehicles batteries were dead when I tried to go to Church. It was a very frustrating thing, but it is to be expected.

I just wanted to check in for the week. I won't be on here until Monday night again. We are enjoying our last few days the best we can. Steve officially got orders today, so the realization is setting in for me. I have still been in denial, but it is slowly wearing off today. I have to get up really early Monday morning to get Steve to the airport and then rush back here to get ready for the ocean. To take our minds off of Steve leaving, the kids and I are heading to the ocean with the twins and Susan. Then we are coming back here and watching some chic flicks and hanging out for a while. It will be a fun time and my girlfriend Susan knows how to keep a smile on my face. I am very blessed to have a great friend.

Please remember Steve on Monday as he travels. He will be traveling Monday to the east coast and then leaves out from there and will be traveling two whole days straight to his base. I hate that he has to fly so much, but it is REALLY far away. I was looking at my globe the other day and he was LITERALLY be about HALF way across the world from us! He will be 11 hours ahead of us....a whole day practically. Anyways, just keep him in your prayers please. I know he will appreciate it!

Hope all is well with everyone! Enjoy your summer, it's almost half way over!

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

hi brandy! praying for steve and for YOU while he is away! if you ever want to chat you can call me anytime. i would love to talk to you!!

i wish we lived a little closer and i could come over and hang out too.

love ya girlie,
melissa

Elizabeth said...

Hey girl...just wanted you to know that I am praying for you all during this deployment! You have great things to look ahead to with starting your daycare...it will be so great for you! Please keep us updated on what all is going on! May God bless you all!!!
In Christ,
Elizabeth