CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The waiting game...

Getting ready to head to the airport at 4 AM! Yes, we both are VERY tired.

I woke up this morning to my phone ringing and I was super excited cause Steve should be calling me anytime to let me know that he made it there safely, but it was my mom. I was happy to talk to my mom, but was hoping that Steve would call me to let me know he made it.

That is going to be my life for the next six months! Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. My cellphone will be glued to me for the next six months when I am not by my home phone. You never know when they might get the chance to call, so you are always ready. Yes, I will even carry the home phone with me to the bathroom, in the laundry room, and outside when I go out back! The thing you look forward to the most while they are gone is that phone call and when it comes....you don't want to miss it. I can't tell you how depressing it is when you realize you missed a call from your husband. All the trouble he has to go through to get to the phone, wait in line, and the ten million numbers he has to dial, then he gets nothing out of it, just breaks my heart. With that said, I will be home all day today waiting for the phone call that he made it there safely!


Things are going great here. I don't even have time to sit and relax or anything since Steve left! The kids and I have been at the Church every night this week helping decorate for VBS. We haven't been getting out of there until around ten every night, so we have been sleeping in a little in the mornings now. Yesterday I had another one of my inspections for my license. This time Public Health came to inspect my house to be sure we are clean and sanitized. I passed with flying colors and she LOVED my bathroom. I am so glad I decided to paint it and make it so cozy and cute. My kids totally love it and enjoy the green soap in there!


Not much else to talk about. I held a bake sale on Sunday at the church for a fundraiser for VBS. We did great and now have some extra money to make our VBS fabulous! Our Pastor's wife goes ALL out for our VBS and Christmas musicals and she does such a great job! It is amazing the amount of work this woman does in a day and she NEVER complains about a thing. She is such a great person to look up to in life and you know she truly loves the Lord with all she has.


Time is flying by so fast lately. I can't believe that the kids will be going back to school soon! Tyler is so excited about going to 2nd grade. I have some news about my schooling too! I will be going back to school next fall (2009) FULL-TIME! I can't wait. If we are still here, I will be transferring to Sac State. We found out some information about Steve's GI bill and I am just thrilled. Jaelyn will be starting kindergarten, so that means that I will only have to pay part-time care for her and I am free to go to school! I will talk more on that later though. Plus, with the military, things ALWAYS change, so we might not even be here next year and I will have to find a new school to go to.


Enjoy what's left of your summer. I know we have more hot days to come....


0 comments: