CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Moving on to the next project...

I hate to keep repeating myself, but it just seems that I never get a chance to stop. I am wondering how I am going to fit my husband into my busy schedule when he gets home. Just kidding. He will fit in just fine, don't worry.
My next project at Church is our Harvest Festival, along with working on our Children's Musical. Can you say busy? Yes, I will be pretty busy through the end of this deployment. The light at the end of the tunnel is that I get a vacation home (if you call it a vacation) and my husband home soon after I return from home. I was holding onto some hope that my husband could possibly come home at the end of December, but he crushed any hope of that yesterday. He shared with me a tentative date and lets just say that it isn't until January,of course I can't say the exact date. I was not happy with the news, but I held my composure. It has flown by so quickly, so what's a few more days right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Today we resumed our small group again. It was great getting together and making a plan for what our future holds for our group. We have decided to move on to a "leaders training" study. I think it's a great idea. The one bad quality about our Church is that there is always the same SMALL amount of people doing everything. I use to be on the sidelines (a few years ago) and let this same group of people do all the work, but now I am right in there with them. It can be very frustrating at times, but always rewarding. I have made such great friends by putting myself in there and plugging myself in a ministry. I love working in the preschool department and enjoy working with the kids, but I feel myself pulling away as a teacher more and more. I think it has started to be more intense since I started daycare back up. Working with kids for 10 hours a day, five days a week is very tiring. Then to turn around and do it again on Sundays, makes it even worse. I don't want to be burnt out with teaching and I want my focus to always be on God and what He wants me to do. It's hard though cause I also have to help provide for my family too. So how do these work together? That is the journey I am on lately. With much prayer and much hard work, I am trying to find a balance here. The problem is that I want to be more involved with Church and furthering his kingdom.
Things are going great around here. Like I said, time is flying by. I wish it would go faster, but as I look back it really is. I am enjoying the kids more and more each day. Today's sermon was living your life as you were dying. That's pretty much how I look at things anyway. I have learned a hard lesson in life, about how short it is and you never know what tomorrow may bring, so I am always sure to let my kids and husband know how much I love them every moment I get. I think I can always do better at this, so my goal this week is to find some kind of activity to do with each of my children individually. It is important for them to know that I am here for them and never too busy for them. Life can get hectic and busy, especially as a single mom right now, and I need to make sure I don't let life fill my time to much.
Today is a cold and windy day here and I just love it. I am sitting here in my sweatpants, T-shirt, and Steve's sweatshirt (which is huge on me) sprayed with his cologne, my big fuzzy socks on, with my fuzzy shoes, just relaxing on the couch. I so badly want to turn on the heat cause I am freezing, but really it's not THAT cold just yet. I think after a while I am going to go and get my fuzzy blanket from Saudi Arabia and snuggle with my big dog, Samson, on the couch. Have I mentioned how much I love Fall?
I guess I have rambled on enough. I just wanted everyone to know that I am still alive and well. I am keeping up with my healthy eating habits, which I believes helps me stay mentally balanced as well. It just doesn't stop amazing me how much and how well I am getting to know my body. I love it. I love the way I feel and I love the way I am happy mentally. It has made such a huge impact on my self-esteem and also how well I have managed this deployment alone.
I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. The kids and I are going to make our own Thanksgiving and hang out here at the house in our Pj's all day long. It sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving to me! I think we will make it a game day and just play games, eat, and watch movies day!

Hope all is well with everyone. I feel so out of touch with everyone lately, but just know that I am still here.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's like that in most churches? We too have a handful of people that work in our ministries. We are trying to recruit tho! :)

You sound like you have things together,gal! Love the sweet spirit.