CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Some pictures from my husband!!!

Saturday Steve got to switch his days around and go downtown off the base. He was really excited to put on civilian clothes and get "away" a little bit. From the looks of the pictures he shared and our conversation, it sounds like he had a great time. I am so glad that he got away and felt normal again. He needed it after working 6 days a week, 12 hour shifts. Unfortunately since switching his days around, he now has to work 8 days in a row. I guess there could be worse things huh?
On their trip to town, they ate at TGIF's and passed a Cold Stone Creamery.....YUM...my favorite ice cream in the whole wide world. If you haven't been to a Cold Stone's, find one now! It is a must have! Anyway, Steve did a little shopping while he was there and worked on our Christmas gifts. It's nice that he can help out while so far away! Of course I am doing most of it, but he is helping some.

Things have improved from last week around here. I try to put a smile on my face and be as positive as I can everyday, but I am going to have my tough days too. I just pick myself up and move on, which is exactly what I did. I will be so happy when I can say that it has been six months and my husband is COMING HOME! Won't be too long now, but I still have many days to go.

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did. I sure do miss my handsome husband! Seeing him in these pictures just puts the biggest smile on my face. I have to say that he has lost some weight while he has been over there. We'll see if he can tough it out and keep it off when he gets back to his wife's good cookin....oh yeah and IN and OUT Burger too!

This is the Mall that they went to, looks very nice!

This is a picture of the city. I believe it's while they were driving. Kind of reminds me of San Fransisco.

Here is Cold Stone! You know you are missing the USA when you take pictures of signs.....lol. We use to do it in England all the time.

Here is the inside of the mall. Steve said he couldn't ever take me shopping here cause it all was VERY expensive.

Here is Steve (on the left) and Mike together at the Mall. Mike has been a family friend of ours pretty much since we got here. He is a great guy and has been a good friend to Steve. He likes to compete with my husband and STILL hasn't learned that my husband always wins. Trust me Mike, I learned a long time ago. It's just easier to admit it and move on....lol.
Another picture of the guys.
Here is my husband sitting in front of some statue of an Oyster. Now the funny part is that my husband would NEVER eat or go near an oyster at a restaurant! Now me on the other hand.....yum!
An outdoor picture of the Mall.
Have a great week everyone!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is not even my husband.. and I am missing him!!! LOL Seriously, seeing these pics, you have to just want to reach out and touch him.

Hugs coming your way. :)

Melissa De Mers said...

hey brandy! GREAT pics of Steve!! :) that mall looks like one i've seen in Vegas, are those painted ceilings or was that really the outside? crazy!

i'm sure you and the kids are lovin' those pictures. i'm glad he got to send them to you. could you IMAGINE what you would DO without technology?? how awesome is that!

thinking of you!! :)
love,
mel

Christian said...

Have you been in base housing for the last 10 years? Our walls are slightly yellow, with blue carpet in the living areas and indoor/outdoor carpet in the bedrooms! Really though I love base housing, we are all in the same boat!

Christian said...

I left something for you on my blog...feel free to participate or not, no hard feelings either way!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Thanks to you and your husband for serving our country. I truly believe that military wives sacrifice as much as their husbands. Thanks for sharing your journey.