CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 21, 2007

Finals...Finals..and more Finals

Another busy day here in the Ousley household!! Today was my last day of class for two of my classes, so I had two finals today! Wow!! I love being in school, but am usually ready for a break by the end of the semster. I am just thankful that I can go to school and work towards a higher education because I know there are a lot of people out there that think they can't afford college. I am here to tell you that anyone can do it if they put their mind to it!! I worked hard during this semester to get scholarships and grants, so I can help pay for my college because there is no way that we could afford it at this point in our life. I am just praying that when I am done next Spring I will be able to get a decent job! It will be nice though because Jaelyn will be going into Pre-school and Chelsea and Tyler will be in school full-time, so it will be less money going out....and hopefully more coming in!!!
Today I had a doctors appt because I did something to my shoulder. Not sure what I did...but I am in quite a bit of pain. I can't remember the name of what I have, but it's swelling in between the muscles. So now I am on some medication to help with that. I am just hoping that I can sleep better at night. I can't even sleep on my left side at night (which of course is my favorite side to sleep on) and sleeping has been miserable for me!
Well, I need to get back to my last final! It is an English essay and I really dispise writing! I am not good at it and I find it hard to write six pages about one subject!! I just want to get through this class and be done with it! I will never take an English class online again...
Please keep us in your prayers. We actually really have our homestudy tomorrow!! I am excited, but nervous because I am not sure what to expect. I just will feel like I am being scrutinized and I don't really like that feeling at all, but I am glad it is part of their process because it hopefully prevents kids from going to bad and dangerous homes. Anyways, please keep us in your prayers and I will let you know how it goes....GOOD NIGHT!!!
P.S. No pictures today...to busy!! I will post more tomorrow...sorry.

2 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

You sound like you are BUSY! :) It sounds really exciting though...what are you majoring in?

I LOVE English and literature and writing. :) I'm bad at anything math related. It just frustrates me.

My sis is in from Idaho this week! We've been busy! Then I got a new job that I'll be starting June 4th. I'm very very VERY excited.

I hope you have a wonderful week!!

Can you pray for some sun, what is up with California bein' so dreary lately? Is it like that up there? We're overcast and COLD all day! In the 60's! My sis in from Idaho, never been to California. LOL. We need SUN! :)

Take care,
Melissa

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

I am SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!! I admire your determination. I know it is not easy to do with kids, but you are doing it and will graduate next Spring. Isn't it rewarding to strive for goals and see them within reach. Look at the example you are setting for Chelsea with education and also Tyler and Jaelyn. That ANYTHING is possible to those that BELIEVE!
A big sigh of relief for you that Finals are over with! You can relax now and enjoy the summer!