CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary Steve and Brandy!!!!

Today marks eight years that Steve and I have been married and it has been the most wonderful eight years of my life! My wedding day was the most exciting day of my life (besides our children being born) and I would absolutely do it over again and again! We had so much fun that day with all of our family and friends (except Kris who was in Saudi Arabia)!


I love my husband and couldn't imagine my life without him. He is a special man and is a great father. There isn't much I can say about him that I haven't said already, except thank you Steve, thank you for being the man of my dreams and making these past TEN years the most exciting, eventful, and never-boring time of my life. Thank you for my three beautiful children that God so graciously blessed us with, thank you for teaching me how to grow up even though I am older than you!!! Thank you for sacrificing some of your dreams to make mine come true. And most of all....thank you for leading me to the Lord. If it hadn't been for you, I don't know where my life would be right now and don't want to think about it. I thank God everyday for bringing you into my life and letting me be so lucky to have a man like you, love me as much as I love you. I just pray that our next eight years are as happy and eventful as these have been! I am truly a lucky and blessed lady!

Here are some pictures of the past ten years. Let me tell you, it is hard to pick and chose pictures of a DECADE!! I am waiting to post pictures of our wedding until I get them put on to a CD, so check back in the next couple of days cause I am going to post them!




This is us in Ely, England touring the cathedral. England was awesome because in every town or villiage they had a cathedral. I loved seeing the history there. Hopefully one day we will go back.....but on vacation!!







We had an audience when we got back from our walk that Steve proposed to me on. This is Steve's mom and dad....I guess everyone knew but me what was coming!!










Here is the cathedral in England that Steve proposed to me in front of! It was the most awesome moment in my life! He carried the ring around in his pocket all day long waiting for the right moment to propose to me and boy did he pick the right time! It took him all day though to get up the nerve and to find the right time to propose.










I look horrible here, but this was one of our first pics taken together as a couple! We were at the bowling alley in Mansfield and Steve was leaving in a few weeks for boot camp...sniff sniff.






This a picture taken right while we were saying goodbye...that's what the red eyes (me) is all about! That was one of the hardest times of our relationship, being apart. I believe with all of my heart that is what has helped us be a strong couple that we are today.








Some more "old" pictures of us! This is us in Texas....




This is us in Texas in a photo booth. Steve looks like a baby looking at this picture!!










3 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Hi Brandy!

Our stories seem SO much alike (only I was also in the Air Force). I recognize in that Texas pic where you were - in San Antonio probably at Steve's graduation, right? Did he go in right after high school? I noticed the slick sleeves...just like Tim & I - right out of HS and both went in as Airman Basics. :)

Me and my family actually led Tim to the Lord - so we almost have that in common too!

And one more thing...I'm also older than Tim! By 11 months! He was born in Oct 1980 and I was born Nov 1979. :) Isn't that funny??

We have more in common every time I read! I hope you and Steve have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Take care - Melissa

Mindy said...

I am a DAY LATE but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We really do have some good men don't we!? I love the "back in the day pictures." Too bad I wasn't around then. But I am here NOW...just think...it could have been someone else:-)

I am so happy for you guys and that was an awesome post. So did you do anything special at all? With kids it's hard to DO something special anymore. You know how that is. I haven't seen to many pictures from our wedding actually. Just the ones on the wall that Diane has of us. She has a frame of different pictures of you guys and then one done of us. Do you know what I am talking about? Those are the only ones I think I have seen! SO that will be cool for you to post them. I had to scan all of mine. Took forever.

Hugs! ANd yes, I know, I need to call. LOL.

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I know this must have taken a long time to scan and post these pictures but I am SO glad that you did! I LOVED seeing them! I don't know that much about you and Steve's relationship at all so this was very fun to read about! I loved the first "couple" picture of you guys at the bowling alley. The one of you saying goodbye to Steve and your eyes are all red, made me immediately get tears in my eyes. I just could look at that picture and know how you must have been feeling. So young and so in love and having to say goodbye!!! You should be so glad that you have such "keepsake pictures" of you guys beginning your journey in life! I only have a few of Barry and I. Not near as many as I wished. Definitely not a picture of our first time as a couple! That is so neat!
As I have said before...Those Ousley men are sure good ones!!!!
Thanks again for taking the time to post these pictures. Keep them coming! I can't wait to see the wedding ones!!!!!