CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 18, 2007

When will I ever get some time to rest????

Sorry, No pictures today. My husband left Wed morning for a Men's retreat with our Church up in Northern California and it has been total choas since! Yes, I know...my house is always choas, but let me tell you, when my husband leaves, it is worse! I love him going on these Retreats though, cause he comes home almost a new man, totally refreshed and on fire for God. They go up to a campsite in the Mountains and spend three days fishing, boating, and hiking. I know it sounds like a vacation, but they do have regular Bible studies and spend much needed time in prayer.
I am ready for a nice break though sometime soon. It has been a looong three days. It has been nothing short of busy. I have been helping friends out by babysitting their kids during the day, keeping up with school work (finals are this week) and keeping up with my own kids. I love being busy but am very much looking forward to a break!

On Friday mornings I go to Tyler's class and help out his teacher during the morning. Jaelyn goes to daycare and this gives me a little break, but also gives me time doing something for Tyler. Tyler is thrilled when I am there and loves showing off for me the things he has learned. His teacher is an awesome teacher and I am going to be sad when the school year ends. She is definitly a lady that gets attached to each of the children and does it because she loves what she is doing, which makes a difference! There is only three weeks of school left and they are going to be busy. I am going with Tyler on his field trip on 29th of May to a Farm, then going on a field trip with Chelsea to Marine World (for the whole day) on the 31st of May, then Tyler had field day on the last day of school and I will be helping out with that!! Oh my...I am tired just thinking of it, but it will be fun.
I was very sad today cause I had to register Chelsea for the SEVENTH grade!!Yes...that's right... Middle School!! No one even knows how upset I am about her going to Middle School. Where has the time went? Before I know it, she will be graduating High School! I just can't get over how much she is growing up and becoming a woman right before my eyes. I just pray each and every day that she has gained some morales and values from us and takes it out into the world and applies them! That is all we can do at this point. Don't get me wrong, we are still very involved in her life, but there are many times now that she is out in the real world without her mommy or daddy holding her hand!

1 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,
How wonderful that Steve does these kinds of things with other men! We know what retreats do for us women, and I think that it is great that men can have them too. I would agree to, that the sacrifice is worth it for him to be gone because of the time He gets with the Lord and that he does come home refreshed and recharged in his role as a father and a husband! Sure sounds like you guys are in an awesome church and church family as well and lots of great friends.
Ok.....I had no idea Chelsea was going to be in 7th grade this next year. Oh do I ever know just how you feel. Each milestone like that is so hard on us mommies! I hope that you like her friends that she has because I think that is the biggest thing through Junior High as well as being involved in a good youth program through your church which I am sure she has. Maybe it is a good thing you won't be moving or anything yet with her starting 7th grade. That is a big enough adjustment in itself.
It sounds like you sure do have alot going on coming up. I hope you post some of them on your blog. What a great way for friends and family and relatives to be able to see through pictures and your updates. I think it makes everyone feel so much closer even though miles separate us all.
Love,
Cheryl