CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Things I'll miss.....

in California if we ever leave here. No, we aren't going anywhere for a while even though I am ready to leave, but I thought I would share a little bit of my world that I live on so far away from my family back in Ohio!! There are so many things in California that a person could so easily fall in love with. They have hot summer days, with no humidity, and sunshine most days out of the year. Winter is usually rain and this winter wasn't even that wet! There are beautiful palm trees all over the place and rolling hills too! It is just a nice place to live and there are so many opportunites around here too. If you go a little north, you have snow and Lake Tahoe, and if you go a little west (not very far at all) you have the Ocean...which I LOVE! If you go south you have Disneyland and Hollywood! You don't even have to leave the state of California for a thing! We have still yet to explore all the different places in California, but plan to do more things this summer. My favorite place so far would have to be Redding, California. It's about two and a half hours north of here and the most gorgeous place I have ever seen. There are snow capped mountains around and not a flat road in the area! We went up there a couple of years ago to see some friends of ours. If I could afford to live anywhere in California, that would be the place to be!!
So I am done with school for the summer and so excited!! It has been a long semester it seems and I am looking forward to our summer vacation! We are heading out to Ohio in about four weeks (maybe longer) or so and can't wait to catchup with family and friends!!
Well, here are some pictures....I looked like a dork driving around taking pictures today, but had a blast!! Thought I would share some things I would miss if we ever leave here!!! Keep your fingers crossed.......










I would miss taking my kids to school every morning!! This morning Chelsea surprised me and didn't wake me up. She went and got Tyler
up and dressed, got them both breakfast, and even had Tyler's snack ready! She is
growing up way too fast!! It was the best surprise and the best way to start my day today!!

Notice anything funky about Jaelyn's hair?

Yep...you guessed it...snip snip, she decided to cut her own

hair yesterday while I was writing my Final Paper!!

I have to take her to the salon and see if they can fix

it...

Same with Tyler,except he did his at school!!

They both did it on the same day though....

anything to give their mommy a heart attack..








I would also miss seeing all the animals all over the place.

I am a true animal lover and adore horses, and they are

all over the place here!! How in the world do you think that these trees stay

so green in the summer when everything is soooo brown?

It is the funniest sight ever in the summer! I love the fall/winter

when we get some rain and everything turns green for a little while,

it doesn't last very long though!






I would miss this view everywhere you turn!


When we first got here I was in awe of the


rolling hills all over around here, but now I


forget that they are even there sometimes!!


Steve and I argued about these when we first got


here. He said they were mountains....I said they


were hills...who do you think is right??











I would miss the wonderful fruit stands everywhere



on the side of the roads...and they have the best fruit ever!!



Today I stopped at this one and bought some



blackberries and strawberries!! Yum! Eating



the blackberries took me back to my childhood!!!



We use to pick them all the time when I was



a kid in our backyard! We never even thought



about taking the time to wash them, we would



stand right there and eat them!!





The Palm trees at the front of the gate. Every




year at Christmas they put lights all over these




trees all the way down the road and it looks




gorgeous!! I would miss this wonderful sight!!




I will definitly miss our neighborhood!! It is a very kid friendly neighborhood and there

are always kids running around in the road. That is the best part of living in base housing!!





6 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

I LOVED this post!!!!!! Barry and I just don't travel other than being to Florida, so I am always so interested in seeing pictures. I had no idea there was scenery like that! And, that you see those rolling hills....hehehehe! (I say mountains....but I will say rolling hills because I love ya) when driving right down the road. And the horses out there. Beautiful. The trees do look funny up their on the hillside! And like you said, so green and then all of the brown. So interesting!
Ok, I am still not getting over how much Chelsea has grown up. WOW! Does she have a boyfriend yet :( Oh, that becomes so fun when that starts! LOL!
I couldn't notice in Jaelyn's pictures of her cutting her hair, but I could Tylers. And, that they did it on the same day! They say every mother has to go through that.
I wondered what base housing was like. So I loved that picture too! Take more around the base sometime too. I have never seen a base! I LOVED the sidewalks for walking and the kids being able to ride their bikes and that it was so safe. It looked like on your street that everyone either has vans, SUV's, or trucks. Is that the case with most families that are on the base? Silly question, just wondered?
Also, can't imagine having fresh fruit all year long!!! I would LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And add in the palm trees and ocean! Sounds great!
Also........How did your homestudy go! And, how is your shoulder Brandy?
Wow, this is long isn't it!

Brandy's Adventure said...

I just love your comments Cheryl!! I kind of did this post for you cause you said in my last post that you liked being able to see California, so you inspired me on this one!!! My shoulder is not any better and I think I will have to go back. The medicine is not working. Our homestudy went great. We just have our home inspection next and we are done....YEAH! As soon as we come home from Ohio I am hoping to get a referral. We'll see. Yes, Vans, SUV's, and trucks are very popular. Military families do alot of traveling either when they move to another base or traveling home to see families, so I think that is why. I love base housing too. It is so kid friendly. Maybe later this week I will go around the base and show some pictures. There is so much to see just here on base. Everyone has the same consensus when they come here....it's a just like a community.
Thanks for the nice post and asking about me!! I will let you know what I find out about my shoulder if I ever get back for an appt soon!!Have a great rest of the week!!

Cheryl Jones said...

Oh my! You must be getting excited about getting a referral! That won't be that long then, will it! Are you specifying a boy or girl or particular age? I am so glad I can follow along through your blog now.
YES! I would love to see more pictures of the base. Isn't there grocery stores and things right on the base and a gate that you come through?
And last, the real reason I wanted to reply back is to please, please go get your shoulder re-looked at Brandy. Take it from an old person, like me, arthritis and things can set into joints and things that are not properly mended. I am so sorry the medicine isn't working and that you are STILL in pain!!!!!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I know it must be hard with having 3 kids at home, but get in to see someone tomorrow before the long Memorial Day weekend. Let us know what they say, ok.

Mindy said...

Oh girl I can't WAIT to come out there and see you guys. We are going to have so much fun and make the MOST of the time we have together. It is so beautiful....how on EARTH are we going to pick what to do when there are so many options?!? Well I told you I have to have shrimp. Period. The boys can go somewhere else. HAH!

I am so excited you guys are going to be here soon. If you think about... and I SO know you are not going to want to do this....but can you kind of sort of pick a date when you think you will stay in Canton. Kris can't book the rooms last minute for that rate. He has to book in advance. So let me know if you come up with something.

So sorry about the kids hair! OMG I would totally FREAK out. I would. I have been waiting for Alec to do that but so far he hasn't and doesn't seem interested in it. Of course we like to keep his hair short so it would be easy to fix if he does. Well I will call you soon...it won't be until next week I bet. Don't forget who turns THIRTY this Saturday....your BIL:-)
Hugs

Melissa De Mers said...

This post is wonderful Brandy! :)

Mindy posted on my blog that in Oct when she goes to visit you, that I should try my best to come visit. She said something about meeting in the middle. Do you know what's in the MIDDLE of me (Aliso Viejo) and you? I guess I may have to look into that! :)

I wouldn't mind driving three hours! I probably could try to find a way to do six, but three sounds more doable with a small child, LOL LOL!

Hmmm we'll have to figure this out. Sorry your shoulder isn't getting better. I hope it does soon!!

Well take care and have a GREAT weekend!!

~Melissa

Melissa De Mers said...

Wanted to add...I love California also. I've lived in aLOT of different states too. CA is by far the BEST I have ever lived in. :)

My sis (leaving tomorrow! Wah!) lives in Idaho right now. She just doesn't understand why I live here. :) She says it in a nice way though. But she doesn't understand WHY I pay SO much $$ to live here. LOL. It's simple...family (all of Tim's)...the WEATHER cannot be beat (come on, 70-90 degrees year round...tell me you're not jealous!)...the OCEAN - one of many of God's AWESOME creations! The scenery is just BREATH taking.

I love the ocean/beach scenery. I just sit and watch the waves crash on to rocks & just know that MY GOD created that. Only a wonderful loving God. :)

Things I don't love about CA:

- PRICEY...very expensive especially Southern California where I live.
- Fires...so far nothing close to ME, but alot of dryness leads to forest fires around these parts.
- Stereotyping...even my own family does it - - if you are from CA people automatically seem like they have something against you. Either they think that YOU think you are better than they are, or they think you're snobby. I know because I've done it to Californians before also. :) It's just how people treat us Californians sometimes. Oh and also - no, not ALL of us are surfers. LOL!
- Illegal immigrants...I know it's a touchy subject and I won't get into it much, but come on. At least TRY to learn our language when you sneak across the border. ;)

Other than that - I love it here! As far as the pricing thing goes - I feel in my heart I'm raising my child in the BEST, HEALTHIEST, CLEANEST, WONDERFULLY EDUCATED area that I know of (never been to Ohio, so I can't speak for that - but everyone I know there is wonderful & loving!! Hee hee!) - - therefore, it's a price I'm just willing to pay. ;)

Sorry to write a novel on your blog. I'm off my soap box now.

Take care Brandy!!
~Melissa