CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy Anniversary Part 2

So yesterday I was in a hurry to get the pictures posted and to say a little about the day...so here is a little more!!
My day was busy busy yesterday! I had a field trip with Tyler to a farm in Vellejo in the morning and we had a blast. I will post pictures of our trip later. Then it was a busy day around the house...not sure what I was doing, but it seems I never have time to sit down. Well, then Steve and I went out to eat for our Anniversary. Let me tell you, it was FABULOUS!! We went to my second favorite restaraunt in California....Johnny Carino's!! Yummy Italian food! Everything you get there is just delicious! I love it there! My first favorite place is Bubba Gump's down at Fisherman's Wharf, but we didn't have enough time to plan for that!! I am holding out until Mindy gets here to go and get some delicious shrimp!! So, it was a nice time alone for a couple of hours. We usually don't do much on birthday's and Anniversary's because we know we will have plenty of time for that when the kids are out of the house!




So, I thought I would share a little about our relationship before we got married! Steve and I met in April of 1997, at Denny's where I was working. Yes, I was his waitress! He was sitting with a bunch of friends and one of them I knew from school. So, one thing led to another and we ended up meeting out on Park Ave (that was the happening place to hang out when we were younger) so he could give me a ride on his motorcycle! The ball kept rolling there, we went to the movies and bowling, out on motorcyle rides, and hung out at my house watching movies often. It was so much fun! We met in April (Spring Break) and continued our relationship through the summer. One thing he forget to tell me when we started dating was that he was already signed up to leave for Boot Camp in August!! We had a long talk and I promised him that I would wait for him no matter what and that is what I did. Six LONG weeks later, I joined his family on an adventure down to Texas to see him graduate from Boot camp. He then took off to Tech school and then got orders to England. It was rough for him to be away, but I believe it made our relationship stronger. We were able to say things to each other in letters that maybe never would have been said in person. Things are sometimes easier to write than to say face to face! Looking through my pictures, I found tons of cards and letters from Steve when we were dating and engaged. It was so sweet to re-read these letters after all this time. He was such a sweet and compassionate man....and still is!! I plan on holding onto these letters and passing them on one day to my children. I think it will be fun to see how "in love" we were in our letters!

Anyways, we dated for a year and then when I went to England to visit him in May of 1998, he proposed- as you saw in yesterday's pictures. We set a date a year from that moment....May 29th 1999 would be the magical day!! It has been blissful and awesome ever since. I wouldn't trade one moment for anything in the world!

So here are some pictures from our wedding day. I finally got them scanned and it actually didn't take very long at all!! I am going to start scanning alot of pictures cause they just sit in this big huge tub not doing anything. It is amazing how many pictures a person accumulates over the years! I can't imagine how many I will have ten more years from now!!

Enjoy the pics!!!











This is me getting ready! Can you tell in my face that I am a little nervous here??





The girls getting ready!!





My mom and me! My mom came up from Savannah, Ga for my wedding. It was a special day for me to have both my mom and my dad at my wedding and also getting along! It wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be!



My dad walking me down the aisle. This was very special to me because it was one of the last moment's I got to spend with my dad before I left for my new life in England. The funny thing is right before we all walked down the aisle, my sister Holly and I were arguing, and he actually had to tell us to stop! Just like back in the day!!! Don't worry, we weren't arguing about anything too important!





The wedding party. If you look at the little girl in the picture...it is Chelsea!! She was so young and little then! My maid of honor is my sister, Holly, and my real sister Elissa is on the end of the girls.







Me in my wedding dress! I loved my wedding dress even though it was so hot on my wedding day, but I didn't care one bit! I knew I wanted a long sleeve dress from the get go!





So in love....





Arriving at the Reception Hall!!







Feeding each other cake! Everyone was shouting to shove it in each other's mouth, but we knew we didn't want to do that. It would have been fun, but I loved my dress and my hair too much to mess them up!






Taking off the garter. Ok...so the reason I am laughing so hard is because right before this Steve started taking off my garter and out came.......BIG HUGE panties instead!! I was so embarrassed, but laughing so hard I couldn't stop. Everyone's faces were priceless! Leave it to my husband to do something like that on our wedding day! That's one of the reason's I married him!
Having a blast on the dance floor....




The Happy couple dancing the night away!! We had so much fun and spent hours on the dance floor that night with family and friends!














2 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Oh my goodness! Again, thank you for taking the time to post these. What fun it was looking at your wedding pictures and to hear you speak of your wedding day the way you do. Perfect in every way. That is wonderful. Your mom is very pretty! I didn't realize you had a sister? Or maybe I did and forgot? Where does she live? Here in Mansfield?
You and Steve look SOOOOOOO happy Brandy. How blessed you were to marry your soulmate! Here's to another 50 years of happiness and years filled with blessings!!!

Mindy said...

It was so strange to see the pictures of your wedding and then look at mine and they are like the same shot, a different couple...hope that makes sense. So happy for you guys...and I am glad you had a nice day together. We don't ever get time "just us" now that Kayla is home. Hopefully she will be ready soon but we have still not left her. Can't wait to see you soon. I got your e-mail too...those dates sound great and the party is marked on my calendar.