CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Helping our Soilders...

I received an e-mail from my girlfriend the other day talking about how she was a part of a group of spouses who went to help send off wounded soilders leaving Landstuhl Medical Hospital to go back to the USA. She said it was very humbling and sad, but something she plans on doing every month. Her and her family is currently stationed at Ramstein AFB in Germany. Ramstein is next to Landstuhl which is an Army base. The men who get injured in Iraq currently go to Landstuhl before they move on back to the States for further treatment. I actually have been to this Hospital back in 2002 to see a Cardiologist when I they thought something was wrong with my heart. It is an awesome hospital and they give great care there!!

So after reading my girlfriends e-mail, I sat and wondered what could "I" do to help these men and women over there fighting in this war. I know that not everyone agrees with the war, but everyone should ALWAYS support our men and women. Having my husband over there for six months was one of the hardest things I had been through. Taking care of three children and having no family within a 3000 mile radias was not easy at all, but I knew I had to do it. The hardest part was not complaining to my husband about what all I was going through back here. The last thing he needed was to sit over there in Iraq and worry about me and the kids. Steve is my best friend and to not have to turn to when the going got tough was rough, but I did it and I learned how to be strong and take care of everything back here. Thank goodness for my Church family that stepped in and helped me get my yard mowed for yard inspections, they helped me fix my car batteries when BOTH of them died on the same day- yes that actually happened on a Sunday morning trying to get to Church!! It was nice to have the love and support from them.

The point I am trying to get to is that there is an awesome group called Soilder's Angels. This was started by a mother whose son was stationed in Iraq. He has finished his tour in Iraq and been home, but he shared with her about men and women over there in Iraq that would go without receiving any mail the whole time there were there. This bothered the mother terribly so she decided to take it upon herself to start writing to military members over there. It has since grown and is now a huge organization. They sew blankets, send cards, and do all kinds of things. It is awesome. So I am encouraging anyone who reads this blog to PLEASE go there and find a way to contribute. You can purchase calling cards for the soilders, make a blanket for a soilder, you can adopt a soilder, there are so many possibilities to help our men and women over there serving us in Iraq. I know as this war drags on it gets further and further in our minds, but we still need to stay active and do all that we can for the men and women who put their lives on the line for our Freedom each day.

So please check out this website and do your part! The least people can do is pray each day for the men and women!

I just want to send a huge THANK YOU to all of the military and their families that sacrafice each day!!



http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?page=answer-the-call

0 comments: