CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Are HERE!!!

We are finally here in OHIO!! It took us a while, but we finally made it. We flew in to Pittsburgh, picked up a rental car and drove a couple of hours to Akron, got our hotel room and showered, and then made our way over to Kris and Mindy's house to hang out for the evening. Mindy, Alec, and Mikayla were waiting out on the front porch when we got there. I was dying to hold Mikayla as soon as I saw her, but knew I had to take it slow!! She did warm up to us eventually and we had her smiling by the end of the night. She sure does have a sweet personality, just like her big brother. Tyler and Alec hit it off great. They ran in and out all evening long, rode Alec's go-kart together, played in Alec's toy room, and were.....boys! They sure did have a blast. CHelsea enjoyed hanging around Mikayla and trying to help when she could, she sure does like babies...hmmm...not sure where she gets that from? Jaelyn, well as you see in the pictures, she hung out at the swingset. She LOVES to swing and has since she was a baby.
We had a great visit and I am hoping to get back up here again to hang out with Kris and Mindy and the kids.
Thanks Mindy for having us invade your house!! I know you have a lot going on with the busy plans for tomorrow, so thanks for making time for us!!!

FINALLY the moment I have been waiting for! What a wonderful way to meet Mikayla Faith! We spent the evening there and ate dinner and had a nice and enjoyable visit. I was so pleasantly surprised that Mikayla actually let me hold her. She has such a sweet spirit and I can not WAIT to see her in her toddler years. She is going to be such a fun and energetic little girl! She had me laughing all evening long! It really made me sad that we don't live closer together!





Jaelyn LOVING Alec's swing set! This girl would stay on the swing all night long if we would let her.


Tyler and Jaelyn Playing with Alec's go-cart. Tyler didn't want to drive it at first, but once he did we couldn't get him to stop! They had a great time playing with their cousins!!

Here is Alec being the pit crew for Tyler. He is pretending to put new tires on for Tyler. He definitly has a mechanical mind! He is one smart cookie!
Alec is telling Tyler to GO...cause he is done putting tires on now!!



5 comments:

Mindy said...

HAH! YOU BEAT ME TO IT....but I have pics posted now too:-) I had the BEST time tonight. PLEASE, PLEASE make time for just ONE more day to come up...it was the best and we just have to try to make it work out again. Alec adored Tyler and they played SO well together. And I am BEYOND excited that Mikayla let you hold her like that. You sure are one special aunt!
Hugs and see you TOMORROW!

Melissa De Mers said...

Yaay I posted on Mindy's blog but I'll leave you a little something too. LOVE the pics! Your kids are so CUTE! Well I guess the Ousley kids are all just cuties. :)

Hope you have FUN back home in Ohio. Take care!!

Hugs,
Melissa

Rosella said...

OK ,day late Brandy, where are your pic's? It was so good to see you and your family. You are a wonderful mommy and wife and friend and Aunt and sister-in-law. Hope the rest of your trip is awesome and your trip home is a safe one. I'd love to make it to Cali.

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

It was SOOOO good to get to see you yesterday! YOU LOOK FABULOUS! It is sad to me seeing these pictures of Tyler and Alec and you holding Mikayla because I know how much Mindy wishes you lived nearby and to be a part of eachothers lives and to have your kids grow up together. I know how that feels because I have had to live apart from my sister who lives in Florida ever since I have been married. We would have loved to have lived by eachother. I still only see my sister in Florida a couple of times a year and it is so hard! I just took her back to Cleveland to the airport this afternoon and cried all the way home. I don't take our time together for granted. I know how quickly things change in life.

Enjoy your visit home Brandy and I just want you to know I AM praying for you while you are home and that it be a wonderful visit full of lasting memories and that things will go well. I will see you at the jewelry party!

Hope you are settled in now for the remainder of your visit home and that you just have the best time!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl Jones said...

Brandy,

I just saw how LONG my comment was!!!!! I get a little carried away, don't I~ Sorry. I need to shorten them up~! LOL!

Cheryl